205

Xiao Family's second son had a fiancée. His Majesty had personally bestowed the marriage. His fiancée was a girl dressed as a man. She had fought alongside Xiao Jue on the battlefield and had outstanding military exploits. Now, she was the first female marquis in Da Wei, Marquis Wu An.

Overnight, the streets of Shuo City, restaurants, and teahouses were all talking about the same thing. Some people said that Xiao Family's second son was indeed extraordinary. His fiancée looked like a powerful woman who was not inferior to a man. Others said that he didn't want to marry the young miss of the Shen Family and chose to marry an ordinary girl with no family background. Moreover, she was someone who didn't follow the rules and showed her face in public.

No matter what outsiders said, the Xiao family was still enveloped in joy. Early in the morning of the next day, Bai Rongwei and Xiao Jing brought along the gifts they had prepared overnight. They grabbed Xiao Jue and went to the He family.

Without a doubt, it attracted a lot of attention from the neighbors.

He Sui complained incessantly in his heart. This Xiao family came too quickly. He didn't even have time to ask Qing Mei to go out and buy tea. Qing Mei was also helpless and could only pour a few cups of hot water. The whole family sat uneasily in the house and looked at the people across from them.

He Yan had just practiced boxing in the backyard. The Xiao family came in a hurry and he didn't have time to change his clothes. Thus, after Xiao Jing and the others sat down, they saw a young girl wearing work clothes. Her hair was tied up in a bun and she walked over while wiping the sweat on her forehead.

He Yan thought that Xiao Jue came alone today. When he saw that Bai Rongwei and Xiao Jing were also there, he didn't know what to do and looked at Xiao Jue. Without waiting for Xiao Jue to speak, Xiao Jing opened her mouth and said, "Master He, Miss He, it's impolite of us to come here today. Please don't take offense. "

"It's okay, it's okay." He Sui smiled. He didn't sleep at all last night. In the middle of the night, he sat in the courtyard and stared at the sky for several hours. He Yan's marriage came too suddenly, and he felt that it was unreal. Even if it was His Majesty who had granted the marriage, he was still not sure. Everyone in the world said that Xiao Jue was a perfect match, but such a family was never from the same world as them.

Last night, he had spent too little time with Xiao Jue. He vaguely felt that this General Fengyun didn't have the temper of a young master and was much better than Fan Cheng. He Sui had heard a little about Xiao Jue's family. Now, Xiao Jue didn't have any elders, only her brother and sister-in-law. Xiao Jing was a famous gentleman in the capital. He didn't know much about Bai Rongwei. However, he was always afraid that his daughter would be at a disadvantage if she married into another family. Moreover, He Yan had been spoiled by him. If other families didn't spoil her as much as his family did in the future, what would happen?

He Sui didn't want He Yan to marry into a rich family. As the saying goes, there was a reason why families of equal social status should be matched. Instead of climbing up the social ladder and being looked down upon, it was better to marry into an ordinary family and hold her in the palm of their hands.

He Sui felt bitter in his heart.

However, the current attitude of the Xiao family's brother and sister-in-law was somewhat beyond He Sui's expectations.

Bai Rongwei and Xiao Jing weren't vain people. They were very grateful that Xiao Jue finally had a sweetheart. They were afraid that they would scare the girl away, so they were very considerate. As for the marriage between the two families, Bai Rongwei also discussed it with He Sui in detail. He Sui saw that the Xiao family was so serious, and the Shi Tou in his heart was relieved.