262

The yellow sand stretched for thousands of miles, and the dark clouds hung low. The sandstorm kicked up dust as the two armies clashed.

After the Da Wei troops camped outside Jiuchuan City for five days, the Uto in the city could no longer hold back.

The number of soldiers decreased by the day, and the Marquesses from Da Wei never faced them head on. Even the spies they sent out fought with the Da Wei soldiers. When the Da Wei soldiers reached the city gates, they did not dare to continue the chase. Ever since it was engraved in the Uto's bones, the news that Maka and Huyate had sent back was treated as an excuse for their incompetence.

A woman, who only had a bit of fame because of her husband, was nothing to be afraid of. Even the Da Wei's own subordinates could not control her. In just five days, half of them had deserted. The Uto leader was certain that the Da Wei soldiers were afraid. That night, he ordered his elite troops to chase after the remaining Da Wei troops.

When the Uto soldiers reached the outskirts of the city and walked towards the Gobi Desert, they suddenly heard the deafening sounds of fighting. The Da Wei troops who were lying in ambush on both sides fired arrows at the same time. The arrows rained down like a storm, catching them off guard. Right at this moment, another group of cavalrymen charged over with sabers in their hands. The one in the lead was a young woman in red armor. Her eyes were sharp, and she held a pale sword in her hand. It was as if she wanted to cut through the sky. She was unrivaled as she rode on the wind.

The two armies clashed, and the sound of drums filled the air.

When the Fuyue Army was taken in by General Feihong, they were like divine soldiers. No one could stop them. Ever since the real General Feihong left, they had not been able to hold their heads high like they were today. The frail and petite woman seemed to contain an enormous amount of power within her body. The Fuyue Army was like the best blade in her hands. Her formations and ambushes were all exquisite. He Yan crouched on the back of the horse, the long sword was like her arm. She charged into the enemy's camp without any fear. Wherever the long sword flew, blood sprayed and the enemy's head was chopped off from the horse. Her smile lit up the gloomy night in the Gobi Desert.

The Uto was beaten to the point that they had to abandon their armor and flee.

The last trace of blood on the long saber was wiped away, and the fierce battle was over.

Uto was either dead or captured. Although the city gate was not broken, the first battle could be considered a victory.

The deputy general excitedly found the woman who was walking back. Ignoring his tired body, he ran over and said, "Milord, this battle was won beautifully! Milord, you have a brilliant plan! "

He Yan smiled. "It's not my doing."

Her armor was full of bloodstains, and her face was also stained with blood. Perhaps it was not only Uto's, but her posture was straight and she did not look tired at all. Instead, her eyes were bright and full of energy. When the Fuyue Army saw her, they felt relieved.

It seemed that as long as she was here, they would definitely be the winner in this battle with the Uto.

In the army, strength and fists were the most important thing. If it was before, the Fuyue Army still had some objections to He Yan's leadership and did not understand why she ordered people to reduce the number of soldiers every day. But after this battle, she really won the hearts of the soldiers. Everyone could see the effectiveness of the ambush and the formation. She took the lead on the battlefield and led the soldiers. Her sword was awe-inspiring, and it was not fake.

Perhaps, if the real General Feihong was here, he would also have the same style.

He Yan said, "Let the military doctors treat the injured brothers first. Those who are not injured, clean up the battlefield." She paused and said, "It's daybreak, we still have to attack the city."