168

His trusted aides were all wiped out?

He Yan's mind went blank for a moment. Then, he was overcome with grief and indignation.

This wasn't an accident at all. This was murder! He Rufei did it on purpose. She was afraid that during the battle in Hua Yuan, he had already given himself away. Perhaps before he was discovered, he had already decided to eliminate the source of the problem. Since the He Family could kill her, who was still related by blood, He Rufei could also use the same method to kill his "trusted aides" who were not related by blood.

Anger made her entire body cold. Her body trembled slightly, and her eyes turned red in an instant. She couldn't help but tighten her grip on the branch, and the branch was crushed into two pieces. The sound alarmed the people who were talking. Lin Shuanghe and Shen Han turned around and saw He Yan. Lin Shuanghe asked curiously, "Brother He, why are you here?" He was about to walk forward when He Yan took a step back. He knew that he couldn't speak properly with Lin Shuanghe right now. Instead, he would be discovered. He hurriedly said, "I still have something to do. I'll leave first." He turned around and left.

Lin Shuanghe stopped in place. After a while, he turned around and looked at Shen Han. "… Did you hear Brother He's voice just now? It sounded like he was about to cry, right?"

Shen Han: "… Perhaps Young Master Lin heard wrongly."

Did he hear wrongly? Lin Shuanghe carefully thought back. No matter how he looked at it, he felt that He Yan's voice just now was a bit strange. It sounded like he was about to cry.

At this moment, Xiao Jue and Fei Nu walked in from outside. When they saw Shen Han and Lin Shuanghe standing in the courtyard, they frowned slightly. "Why are you standing here?"

"We came to talk to you about something." Lin Shuanghe asked, "Didn't you see Brother He when you came in?"

"He Yan?" Xiao Jue said calmly, "No." As she spoke, she entered the house.

Shen Han saluted Lin Shuanghe. He still had to go to the martial arts arena. Lin Shuanghe followed Xiao Jue into the house while Fei Nu stood at the side. He closed the door and turned around to look at Xiao Jue who had taken off her cloak. "Huaijin, are you still in a cold war with my Sister He?"

Xiao Jue glanced at him. "I'm not as bored as you."

"Then why did my Little Sister He look like she was about to cry?" Lin Shuanghe muttered to himself, then looked at him. "You should treat my Little Sister He better these few days. I don't know what happened between her and Chu Zilan, but I can tell that she's been in low spirits these days. My Little Sister He has an inferiority complex deep in her heart. She loves Chu Zilan but can't have him. If you continue to be so cold to her, she's still a little girl. It's inevitable that she'll be sad. " Lin Shuanghe winked at Fei Nu, hinting for Fei Nu to follow up with a few words. "Isn't that right, Fei Nu?"

Fei Nu stood straight and pretended not to hear him. He Yan had an inferiority complex in his heart? There was no one more arrogant and conceited than He Yan in the Liang Province Guards. The word 'inferiority complex' had nothing to do with He Yan. He didn't know how Lin Shuanghe could tell.

When Xiao Jue heard this, her expression became even colder. A trace of mockery appeared at the corner of her mouth. "That's Chu Zilan's business."

Lin Shuanghe thought to himself, why are they all so stubborn? Thinking about it carefully, He Yan couldn't be blamed for not believing that Xiao Jue was interested in her. With Xiao Jue's cold and emotionless attitude, even if it was Lin Shuanghe, he would also be suspicious. How was this like liking her? They were more like enemies.