169

While Chu Zhao and Xiao Jue were talking outside, He Yan was in the room. She wanted to eavesdrop, but even when she put her ear to the door, all she could hear was the sound of the wind outside. She originally wanted to wait for Xiao Jue to finish talking and come back to ask what was going on, but after a long time, Xiao Jue didn't come back. Unknowingly, she fell asleep. When she woke up the next day, Chu Zhao and Ying Xiang were no longer in the Liang Province Guards.

They had left early in the morning with their guards.

After Chu Zhao left, Lin Shuanghe was the happiest. He Yan didn't understand this either. Logically speaking, Lin Shuanghe and Chu Zhao had never been on bad terms. However, seeing how happy Lin Shuanghe was, it was probably because he was sincerely happy that Chu Zhao had left.

Xiao Jue didn't speak in a strange tone like she had in the past few days. He Yan let out a sigh of relief. Chu Zhao's early departure was probably a good thing for him and everyone else.

The Liang Province Guards regained their peace and continued their daily training. However, He Yan knew that these peaceful days wouldn't last long. Just as Chu Zhao had said, changes had already occurred. The appearance of the Uto would shake Da Wei.

On this day, He Yan was following the Nan Fu soldiers to train their horses and bows. It was already the middle of May. Summer came earlier in the Liang Province Guards than in other places. The heat enveloped everyone. Because the days were longer, both the Nan Fu soldiers and the Liang Province Guards had twice as long to train.

She climbed down the mountain and dismounted from her horse. Her entire body was dripping wet as if she had just been fished out of the water. She picked up a handkerchief from the side and wiped her sweat. This was the last lap. Tian Lang looked at He Yan and nodded slightly. The new recruits from the Liang Province Guard were able to keep up with the pace of the Southern Prefecture Soldiers, and even their archery and equestrian skills were considered exceptional among the Southern Prefecture Soldiers. This was truly not bad.

The Liang Province Guards' martial arts practice field had long since dispersed. The people from Hong Shan, who were waiting to eat with He Yan, were watching from the side. He Yan tied up the horse and returned the bow and arrow before walking towards them in large strides.

Xiao Mai's eyes lit up as she stared at him. "A He Ge, how did your archery skills improve so much? I saw it clearly just now. You hit the bullseye every time. "

In just over a year, Xiao Mai had grown a lot taller. Previously, He Yan could still stand on her tiptoes and hook her arm around his shoulders, but now she had to raise her head slightly to look at him. She smiled and said, "You've also become much more powerful."

"What's the point of complimenting each other?" Wang Ba poured cold water on them. "Can you compliment each other?"

Everyone knew his temperament, so they didn't argue with him. They just walked towards the place where they were eating. When they arrived, they took the steamed buns and vegetable porridge. Everyone found a place to sit down. He Yan lowered his head to take a sip of porridge. Then, he heard Jiang Jiao say, "Do you know about the Rundu?"

"The Rundu?" Before He Yan could speak, Huang Xiong spoke first. "When I was chasing after my enemy, I passed by the Rundu. It's a small town. That place is rich in grapes. The grapes are like purple jade, sweet and big."

"Really?" Xiao Mai licked her lips. "Is the Rundu far away? I've only eaten sour grapes. I've never eaten sweet ones! "

Huang Xiong thought for a moment. "It's about a month's journey from here."

He Yan asked, "Brother Jiang, why did you mention the Rundu?"

Jiang Jiao sighed. "Today, I went to look for Shen Jiaotou. I wanted Shen Jiaotou to help me send a letter back to the capital. I wanted to ask for a new spear. When I went in, I happened to hear Shen Jiaotou and Coach Ma talking. "