156

Battle cries filled the air on the canal as boats collided with each other.

The Uto surrounded the Jiyang soldiers like vicious wolves. They outnumbered them, and the archers on the boats were ready. Arrows flew like shooting stars and pierced the boats of the Jiyang soldiers into sieves in the blink of an eye. They could no longer sail. Although the Jiyang soldiers who fell into the water could swim, they could not exert their strength in the water. The Uto had also prepared many pitchforks, which looked like the tools fishermen used to spear fish. However, the tips were forged and sharp. They stabbed the Jiyang soldiers who had fallen into the water.

The water of the canal was quickly dyed red with blood.

A young Jiyang soldier dodged the sharp arrows shot from the Uto's boat and jumped into the water. Dozens of Uto laughed and stabbed him with the pitchforks in their hands. The Wutuo people were strong to begin with, and the young man was only sixteen or seventeen years old. He couldn't dodge in time and was stabbed in the arm. Immediately after, the pitchforks stabbed at him from all directions, piercing through his body.

The pitchforks were quickly retrieved, leaving a bloody hole in his chest. He struggled for a while and sank. Only blood was left on the surface of the water, proving that he had been alive.

The deputy soldier looked back and shouted at the young man in the middle of the chaotic battle, "Commander, we can't do it. They have too many people!"

There were too many people.

Two fists were no match for four hands. They were outnumbered. This was not Guo City in the past. The only way to win by surprise was to attack with fire, but they still lacked an east wind.

"No, we can't." Xiao Jue held a long sword in his hand. His gaze was as sharp as a blade. He said coldly, "Fight!"

Since he was the leader, he had been entangled in a chaotic battle. Maka was not a brainless person. Although he was arrogant, he had heard of Xiao Jue's name. Previously, he had used the Western Qiang people as bait to ambush the Liangzhou Guards. However, Xiao Jue's sudden return had disrupted the plan. Maka clearly remembered that the leader of the Western Qiang, Rida Muzi, was extremely strong and fierce. However, he had died at the hands of Xiao Jue.

Maka wanted to win. He wanted to take down Jiyang City and claim credit from the Monarch, but he did not want to lose his life for nothing. As he pushed back, he shouted to the Utaobin beside him, "His Majesty said that whoever takes Xiao Huaijin's head will be the greatest contributor to this battle and will be conferred a noble title!"

"Warriors, kill him!"

The motivation of military exploits was always useful at times like this. When the Utuo soldiers heard this, their blood boiled, and they immediately swarmed in front of Xiao Jue.

This was the scene that He Yan saw when he approached with his boat.

The young commander-in-chief's cloak left a dark mark on the surface of the water. His long sword was as cold as ice, which made his handsome face look like a Rakshasa. He could take someone's life with a snap of his fingers. Wave after wave of people surged forward. Corpses had already piled up around him, but there was no sign of fatigue on the young man's face. He was as valiant as ever.

"We can't go on like this." He Yan frowned. There were too many Uto. One Xiao Jue could fight against ten, or even a hundred, but what about a thousand Uto? What about ten thousand? What about a hundred thousand? Of course, he could fight his way out of the encirclement alone, but as long as the Uto didn't come ashore, he would always have to stand in front of the civilians. The remaining Jiyang City soldiers weren't enough to form a tacit understanding with him and cooperate seamlessly with him.