166

"You're not allowed to go."

He Yan was stunned.

After a moment, she asked, "Why?"

Xiao Jue looked at her and curved her lips. Her tone was as sarcastic as ever, "Chu Zilan is one of Xu Jingfu's people. He has ulterior motives for staying in the Liang Province Guard. You're too close to a spy. Do you also want to become one of Xu Jingfu's people?"

This was a serious accusation. He Yan repeatedly denied it, "I'm not, I'm not!"

Xiao Jue snorted coldly and ignored her.

"Commander in Chief, of course I know that Fourth Young Master Chu has a special identity." He Yan's attitude was very sincere, "I promise that the things we talk about on a daily basis do not involve any of the secrets of the Liang Province Guard. Furthermore, I don't know any of the secrets of the Liang Province Guard. If Fourth Young Master Chu really has the intention of probing military affairs, I will avoid him. "In her previous life, she was especially sensitive in this aspect. Xiao Jue really didn't need to worry about this.

"Furthermore," He Yan continued, "if he really has ulterior motives for staying in the Liang Province Guard, I might be able to get some information out of him by getting close to him like this. It'll be beneficial to us."

Xiao Jue glanced at her, "You're so stupid. I'm afraid that before you can get anything out of him, you'll be exposed first."

He Yan, "…"

Perhaps Jiang Jiao was wrong. There were more than just women in the world. Men also had a period of time every month when they were extremely irritable and didn't like anyone.

In any case, Xiao Jue wouldn't let her go today. He Yan sighed inwardly and could only say, "Alright, Commander in Chief, then I won't go look for him. However, I still need to inform Fourth Young Master Chu's servant girl. Otherwise, it wouldn't be good to miss an appointment for no reason. "

Ying Xiang had spoken very seriously when she came. She hoped that there really wasn't anything urgent.

Xiao Jue's expression was calm, "No need. In any case, you won't be seeing each other in the future."

He Yan, "…"

Xiao Jue was a very straightforward person.

It was getting late. Ying Xiang came in from outside and closed the door. She walked to the man in front of the window and said in a low voice, "Fourth Young Master, the light in Miss He's room is off. He should be resting."

When Chu Zhao heard this, he didn't look angry. He just shook his head and smiled. "As expected."

"It should be Military Governor Xiao who didn't allow it." Ying Xiang said, "But he didn't even give us a heads up before breaking the appointment, that's really …"

"Don't worry." Chu Zhao looked at the thrush hanging in the birdcage in front of the window. The bitter cold land actually became much more beautiful because of him, as if he had returned to the bustling countryside of Shuo Jing. He teased the bird for a while, then turned around and said, "The more nervous Xiao Huaijin is, the more it proves one thing."

"He Yan is very different to him."

The lamp on the table swayed gently, and his voice disappeared into the darkness.

"She will become Xiao Huaijin's weakness."

The next day, He Yan went to the practice field for his daily training as usual. Xiao Jue was also present. Because Xiao Jue's mood was truly abnormal these past few days, He Yan didn't dare to slack off and trained especially hard. When it was noon and it was almost time to rest, suddenly, Shen Han and a few others hurriedly ran over from the Liangzhou Guard recruits. They ran to Xiao Jue's side and said, "Governor, Governor, people from the capital have come!"