161

Two days later, Liu Buwang was buried.

According to the customs of Jiyang, after a person passed away, they would be sent to the coffin on the wooden boat and buried in the water. The wooden boat was also called the "boat that carried souls". Because Jiyang was close to the water, the people of Jiyang believed that the Water Goddess would use a boat to carry a person's soul to the other side.

He Yan went to send Liu Buwang off for the last time.

Liu Buwang lay in the wooden coffin with a very calm expression. It was unknown what he thought of before he died, but the corners of his mouth were also smiling. He Yan put a handful of flowers in her hand on the wooden boat.

Her master-disciple relationship with Liu Buwang was actually very short. It was Liu Buwang who pulled her out of the pile of corpses and taught her how to use knives, arrows, bows and horses. He Yan's Qimen Dunjia was combined with the military books that He Yan had learned, which changed his life from then on.

If Liu Buwang hadn't stretched out his hand to her back then, she would probably have died in the desert of Mo County. After being reborn and meeting Liu Buwang again, she originally thought that it was a gift from the heavens. However, this fate was like a flash in the pan and disappeared very quickly.

He Yan hated herself for not talking more with Liu Buwang. Now, she had many regrets. She didn't have time to ask Liu Buwang what happened between him and Mu Hongjin back then, nor did she have time to ask him where he had been all these years. She also didn't have the chance to confide in Liu Buwang about her worries and uncertainties. In her life, she didn't seem to have a good relationship with her elders. Her fate with her parents and relatives was even fainter. Liu Buwang was both her master and father. Now, he had also left.

There were always more regrets in the world than satisfactions.

"Your Highness." He Yan heard Cui Yuezhi behind her speak. She turned around and saw Mu Hongjin walking over.

She didn't wear the red robe but a black one. Her long hair was braided and tied up, and she wore a golden crown on her head. She was still as beautiful and powerful as before, but there was a trace of confusion in her expression. It made her look like a child who had lost her way, and was the first to be vulnerable.

He Yan stepped aside, and Mu Hongjin walked up to the front of the wooden boat.

The burial objects of the man on the ship were only a sword and a zither, both of which would be left in the wooden coffin. When he left the mountain, he was just as handsome as he was, and when he left the mortal world, he was still untainted. Even though the white-clothed youth was old, he seemed to still be a youth.

Mu Hongjin stared blankly.

When Xiao Jue said that Liu Buwang wasn't here, she found it unbelievable at first, and then she found it ridiculous. Then, she was struck by a huge sense of loss, which made it hard for her to believe that this had happened.

But what happened was what happened. Many things could not be changed by one's will. She was no longer an ignorant little girl. All she had to do was bury her head in the pillow and lie to herself that she didn't believe it.

That was why she had come.

Liu Buwang died in order to protect Jiyang City. Before he died, he set up a formation on the riverbank in front of the mouth of the calabash. He fought against hundreds and thousands of people alone, but he didn't tell anyone.

As usual, he refused to say anything.

This was the only man she had ever loved in her life. Even though Liu Buwang had someone else in his heart and they had broken up for many years, a concern was still a concern. Mu Hongjin would still be sad if he died.