223

For the next few days, it was snowing heavily every day in Shuo City, and the streets were much more deserted.

In the Xu Fu, He Xinying stood in front of the study and knocked on the door. The person inside said, "Come in." He Xinying walked in.

"The kitchen made some red bean sweet soup. It's too cold outside." He Xinying smiled as she took the small bowl out of the basket and placed it in front of Xu Zhiheng's table. "Husband, drink some to warm up your body. Don't freeze."

Xu Zhiheng's gaze fell on the small white porcelain bowl on the table. In the porcelain bowl, the red bean sweet soup emitted a sweet and greasy aroma. The brown soup made him suddenly think of the tonic that the He Family had sent a long time ago.

It had the same color and the same sweet aroma. That soup was extremely effective. After He Yan drank it, he had a high fever for three days and could no longer see.

Xu Zhiheng subconsciously raised his head. He Xinying was looking at him tenderly. Her appearance was somewhat similar to He Yan's. Xu Zhiheng's heart suddenly jumped and he subconsciously stood up. His sleeve accidentally brushed against the soup bowl on the table. The sweet soup spilled all over the floor and stained his clothes.

"Husband, are you alright?" He Xinying jumped in fright. She quickly took out a handkerchief to wipe the soup off Xu Zhiheng's body and called a servant to clean it up.

"I'm fine." Seeing that the sweet soup had spilled, Xu Zhiheng was relieved. He took the handkerchief and wiped the water off his body.

"This bowl spilled. I'll have someone send another bowl over." He Xinying hurriedly said.

"No need." Xu Zhiheng held her hand and smiled as he pulled her to sit next to him. "I'm not hungry."

The woman's hand was warm and soft. It slightly dispelled the uneasiness that had been plaguing him for the past few days.

He Xinying sat down next to him. After thinking for a bit, she said to Xu Zhiheng, "I heard from Liu 'er that my mother's health wasn't good. She has been bedridden. I want to go back and see my mother. Husband, do you have some free time these few days? Why don't you come with me to He Clan? "

He Xinying felt uneasy when he kept the book in her room. If one day Xu Zhiheng ordered people to search the entire mansion on a whim, he would be easily discovered. Moreover, this military book came out of nowhere. She herself didn't understand what was going on. It would be better to go back to the He family and ask Second Madame He about it. Her mother knew more about her eldest sister than she did.

"You want to go back to the He family?" Xu Zhiheng paused and asked He Xinying.

He looked at He Xinying with a scrutinizing gaze. He Xinying's heart skipped a beat. She grabbed his arm and said, "I'll go back and take a look. I'll be back tomorrow. Husband, can you go back with me? " My mother hasn't seen you in a long time. "

He Xinying hadn't suffered much since she was young. When he married her, Xu Zhiheng knew that she was a bit arrogant and willful when she was in He Clan. However, after she entered the Xu Residence, she had always been well-behaved. This was different from He Yan's temperament. Although He Yan never caused trouble and knew his place, it was impossible for him to act spoiled like He Xinying.

Xu Zhiheng said, "I'm very busy these few days. I'm afraid I don't have time to accompany you back to the residence. How about this, I'll ask someone to send you back first. After a few days, when I have free time, I'll accompany you. "

He Xinying timely revealed a wronged expression and said, "… Okay."

Xu Zhiheng smiled and held her hand. His thoughts had already drifted to other places.