220

The person who set the fire did not expect that there would be someone in the quiet library today. He was caught off guard and wanted to run, but Xiao Jue had already blocked his way. He was no match for her in martial arts. After exchanging one move, Xiao Jue dislocated his arm.

He Yan had already grabbed a long blanket to put out the fire when Xiao Jue was exchanging blows with the person. Fortunately, the fire was not big. The person probably thought that the library was easy to set on fire, so he did not use ointment. Otherwise, the two of them might not have been able to put out the fire.

The fire was put out in time, so only half of the books were burned. He Yan shook his head at Xiao Jue. "Fortunately, nothing serious happened."

The two of them looked at the person on the ground. He was young and wore a cotton shirt. At first glance, he looked like a student from the Xianchang School. His arms and legs were dislocated by Xiao Jue, so he could not move for the time being. He Yan noticed that there were traces of martial arts training between his thumb and index finger. He could not help but frown. "He doesn't look like a student from the Xianchang School. He must have snuck in."

Ordinary students, even if there were martial arts courses in the school, would not have such thick calluses. It was obvious that they were caused by years of martial arts training. Xiao Jue looked down at him and asked coldly, "Who sent you?"

The person only stared at Xiao Jue and did not speak.

"Wait a minute." He Yan seemed to have sensed something. He stepped forward and grabbed the person's chin. Xiao Jue could not stop him. He Yan said, "He can't speak. He's a mute."

The person was forced to open his mouth. His mouth was empty except for half of his tongue.

"It's very dangerous." Xiao Jue pulled her up and pulled her behind. "Don't get too close."

"The other party found a mute and deliberately snuck into the Xianchang School just to set the library on fire." He Yan's attention was not on himself. He looked at Xiao Jue. "It seems that someone has the same idea as us."

Although there were rare and unique books in the Hidden Book Pavilion, it was not enough to make people take the risk. What's more, the other party didn't send people to steal, but to set fire. Coincidentally, the one that was set on fire was the one that "He Rufei" had used. Just like how He Yan and Xiao Jue came to the Xianchang Mansion today to find "He Rufei's" past handwriting in case of an emergency, the real Young Master He also looked guilty and short of breath, which was why he couldn't wait to get someone to destroy the corpse.

Xiao Jue asked, "What are your plans?"

He Yan lowered his head and thought for a while. When he raised his head again, his expression had become relaxed. "Since someone covets General He's notes, why don't we keep them for them first? As for this person … let's inform Mister Huang first and see what he has to say. "

When Huang Sancai received the news and came over, he couldn't believe his eyes. He had only let Xiao Jue and He Yan into the Hidden Book Pavilion for less than a stick of incense's time. How could someone suddenly set fire to it?

"Mister Huang," Xiao Jue gestured to the person on the ground. "Is this person a student of the school?"

Mister Huang carefully looked at the face of the person who set the fire and shook his head. "No, no, I've never seen this person before."

"Then that's it," Xiao Jue nodded. "This person snuck into the school and just failed to set fire to it. I saw it."

Mister Huang hurriedly went to check the bookshelf that had just caught fire. The scattered test papers on the ground, the half-burnt book, and the smell of burnt wood in the pavilion all proved that Xiao Jue was not lying. Just now, someone did set fire to it.