230

In the throne room, Wu Tuo's envoy, Maninbu, stood respectfully to the side, waiting for his attendants to present gifts to the Da Wei Emperor.

A pomegranate tree made of gold, a pair of white peacocks, two ivory tusks, and a glowing Shi Tou the size of a fist … Emperor Wenxuan looked at the gifts with great interest and satisfaction.

"This is the sincerity of the Wu Tuo people towards Your Majesty." Maninbu bowed respectfully to Emperor Wenxuan.

Emperor Wenxuan felt extremely pleased.

Back then, the previous Emperor had several sons. He was the most mediocre one, but because he was the eldest son and the crown prince, the previous Emperor passed the throne to him. After Emperor Wenxuan succeeded the throne, he was just like when he was young. He had no achievements in politics. If not for Xu Jingfu's help, he might not even have been able to sit on the throne.

After so many years, he had gone from being ambitious to having to admit that he was just an ordinary person. Later on, he felt that there was nothing wrong with being an ordinary person. From the time he sat on the throne until now, he had finally done something good and displayed the might of the Da Wei. This was a merit that would be recorded in the annals of history.

"Your Wu Tuo Kingdom was waiting for an opportunity to invade the Da Wei's territory. How can this little compensation count?" Emperor Wenxuan said in a low voice.

Maninbu lowered his head in fear. "Your Majesty, this is all a misunderstanding. The Wu Tuo Kingdom is weak and cannot be compared to the Da Wei. Even if the Wu Tuo Kingdom was a hundred times more courageous, they would not dare to invade. However, it is all in the past. There is no point in talking about it now. Not only these gifts, Your Majesty also requests that I present an apology gift to Your Majesty. "He looked at Emperor Wenxuan." It is to allow the merchants of the Wu Tuo Kingdom to open markets in the Da Wei. "

Emperor Wenxuan frowned. "Opening markets in the Da Wei's territory is clearly beneficial to you. How can it be an apology gift? How cunning of the Wu Tuo! "

The Crown Prince stood to the side and said, "Father, why don't we listen to what he has to say?"

Maninbu knelt down. "Your Majesty, the people of Wutuo have no intention of invading Da Wei. Opening a market would only be beneficial to Da Wei. Does Your Majesty remember the historical records of the previous dynasty's wise ruler? He once sent an envoy to the West Moon Kingdom to open a market and learned the art of horse husbandry from the West Moon Kingdom. Later on, the country's warhorses were illustrious and the cavalry was valiant. " He paused for a moment. "The people of Utuo are poor. If we can open a market in Da Wei, we can trade with Da Wei, and the people of Utuo will no longer have to live in poverty like before. Furthermore, the Utopia Kingdom is willing to offer 50% of the harvest from the market to Your Majesty. "

Maningbu's flattery only made Emperor Wen Xuandi feel comfortable and not moved. However, Maningbu's last sentence was exactly what the Emperor wanted to hear.

One had to know that the state treasury had been empty for the past few years. Because of the war between Hua Yuan and the Rundu, they had used up a lot of money. Raising an army required a lot of money. Why did Emperor Wenxuan accept the Utopia Kingdom's request for peace? Other than his dislike of war, it was also because he was embarrassingly short of money.

After fighting a war, who knew how long it would take to recuperate? Moreover, without money, how could they fight a war? Now that they had opened a market, they could receive 50% of the profits every year. Da Wei was so big, and there were many merchants in the Utopia Kingdom … it sounded like a good deal.