268

It was April in the capital, and the weather was getting warmer.

By the riverbank, children were flying kites. The lines were very far away, and they were competing with each other to see whose kite was flying higher. Their laughter could be heard outside the long beach, and passersby stopped to watch.

Near the city gate, several carriages were parked. It seemed that some people were leaving the capital, and their relatives came to send them off. Right in front of the carriage, a young man wearing a long robe was rambling non-stop. If one listened carefully, it was all: "The journey is long, so you must pay attention to your safety. Yao Yao hates bumps the most, so when you carry her, remember to wrap her in a blanket …"

"He Yunsheng," the woman opposite him couldn't help but interrupt him, "If you keep talking like this, we won't be able to leave when it's dark."

"That's right," the woman standing beside He Yunsheng glared at him and looked at He Yan, "Sister, don't worry about going to Jiyang. Yunsheng and I will take good care of the family."

He Yan nodded and waved to Xiao Yao, who was being carried by Xiao Jue in the carriage, to He Yunsheng and Song Taotao. Xiao Yao shouted in a childish voice, "Uncle, aunt, goodbye."

"Be good on the road," He Yunsheng approached Xiao Yao and pinched her small face. He smiled, "When we come back, uncle will buy you candy."

Xiao Yao bit her finger and smiled at him.

"Okay, you can go back," Xiao Jue said, "We're leaving."

The curtain of the carriage was lowered, and they rushed out of the city.

Time passed quickly. It had been seven years since the battle with Uto.

Seven years was enough for a young man to grow into an indomitable man. He Yunsheng was no longer the young and inexperienced boy who followed He Yan to the streets to sell large cakes. These years, his martial arts were outstanding, and he was willing to work hard. He was lucky enough to gain the favor of Emperor Zhaokang. Step by step, he steadily worked his way up. Now, he had already become the deputy commander of the Fifth Battalion.

His official position was indeed promoted. When others looked at him, they felt that his temperament was arrogant and distant. But only He Yan knew that He Yunsheng was still the same worrywart as before. With such a temperament, it was hard for Song Taotao to take a fancy to him.

He Yunsheng and Song Taotao got married four years ago.

Her marriage to He Yunsheng was indeed beyond He Yan's expectations. After all, the person who had been engaged to Song Taotao back then was Cheng Lisu. However, back then, Song Taotao and Cheng Li Su did not have any feelings for each other. After a few years, it was still the same. Later, the Song family and the Cheng family annulled the engagement. Originally, it was nothing. Who knew that as soon as the engagement was dissolved, Song Taotao ran to the door of the He family and bravely expressed her love for He Yunsheng, which shocked everyone.

Master Song was also a scholar. When he heard the news, he almost fainted from anger. Madam Song also felt that Song Taotao's actions were too outrageous. The only person who supported Song Taotao was her ex-fiancé, Cheng Lisu.

Cheng Lisu secretly ran to the door of the Song family's house and encouraged her, "Not bad, Miss Song. You finally did something that I admire. Don't mind what others say. My Brother He is one of the top young talents in Shuo Jing. If you miss this village, you won't have this opportunity again. Don't give up just because of a few words from others. Don't worry, I, your ex-fiancé, "he patted his chest and said righteously," I will definitely help you get what you want! "