167

The door was right in front of him. He Yan hesitated for a moment. In the end, he did not enter his own room. Instead, he walked to Xiao Jue's door and gently knocked on it.

After a while, he heard Xiao Jue's voice. "Come in."

The door was not locked. He Yan opened the door and poked his head in. There was no one else in the room. Only Xiao Jue was standing. He had already changed into his inner clothes and was probably going to rest. He Yan hesitated for a moment. "Commander in chief, are you going to rest?"

"What's the matter?"

He Yan entered the room and closed the door behind him. When she walked in, she didn't know what to say for a moment. After pausing for a moment, she looked at Xiao Jue and said, "I've been promoted to an officer. Commander in chief, what's going on?"

"What's going on?" Xiao Jue said coldly. "Didn't Chu Zilan tell you?"

He actually guessed it. He Yan stepped forward. "Commander in chief, you know that it was Fourth Young Master Chu who requested for me to be promoted."

Xiao Jue's gaze focused on her face. She sneered slightly. "You have a good relationship with him."

"No, Commander in chief, you've wronged me." He Yan said. "I only found out today that Fourth Young Master Chu requested for me to be promoted. I was also puzzled. Why would he request for me to be promoted without any reason? "

"Didn't Chu Zilan see that you haven't been promoted for a long time under me, so he personally requested for you to be promoted?" Xiao Jue turned around and hung Yin Qiu on the wall. Her voice was full of sarcasm. "Lady He has good relations with people, so good that it's unexpected."

Why did her words sound so strange? He Yan frowned. "I didn't ask for this. Commander in chief, you can't take out your anger on me."

"I've said it before." Xiao Jue's eyes were cold. "It's your business if you like Chu Zilan, but in the Liang Province Guard, being close to a spy is my business."

Her words were unpleasant to the ears, as if she was a mole who was helping an outsider. He Yan thought to himself, Xiao Jue's temper was inexplicable, even worse than Shen Muxue's. She couldn't help but say, "Fourth Young Master Chu and I are just ordinary friends. There's no such thing as being close to her. Governor, aren't you close to Doctor Shen yourself? Don't you also have people who are close to you? "

"Befriend?" Xiao Jue stared at her and asked slowly. After a moment, she smiled, but there was no warmth in her eyes. "It seems that Chu Zilan has made you happy."

He Yan said, "I don't know if he has made me happy or not, but Fourth Young Master Chu isn't as unreasonable as Commander in chief."

Xiao Jue said coldly, "Lady He can go and find someone who isn't unreasonable."

He Yan: "…"

She usually had a good temper and thought of herself as a broad-minded person. However, in the past two days, she had been upset by the matter with Shen Muxue. Now that Xiao Jue was being so aggressive, she was angry. For a moment, she even forgot to ask Xiao Jue about the matter and turned to leave without another word. She almost slammed the door when she left, but she still remembered that Xiao Jue was her superior, so she didn't dare to be too presumptuous. She closed the door properly and left with a backbone.

The room became quiet again.

After a while, Xiao Jue looked in the direction of the door again, but it was already closed. The people who came came carefully and left in a hurry. The atmosphere of hostility from before still seemed to be lingering in the air.