260

All good things must come to an end. It was late at night. Feng Le Lou was only left with a mess of cups and plates. The young people had already dispersed, fighting for the last bit of warmth.

In the room, a beautiful woman was folding clothes one by one and putting them into a bundle. A man who walked into the room saw her and snatched it away.

"Chengxiu, I told you not to do these things." Yan He pulled her to sit in front of the couch. "You are pregnant now. You should be more careful. What if you get tired?"

Xia Chengxiu said, "I am only pregnant. Why do you have to make it sound so serious?"

"You are pregnant and you are not serious?" Yan He made a fuss about nothing. "Anyway, there are servants to do these chores. You just have to take care of yourself."

Xia Chengxiu was silent. "I just remembered that you did not have time to wear two sets of new clothes. This time, I will bring them for you."

Yan He rarely returned to the capital these two years. Sometimes, he would leave the capital before he could wear the new clothes that Xia Chengxiu prepared for him.

"I am going to war. There is no need to dress so nicely." Yan He said without thinking, "There is no need to bring so much."

Xia Chengxiu was silent.

Her silence made Yan He panic. Every time before he went to war, he was most afraid of Xia Chengxiu's silence. Xia Chengxiu's daughter was gentle and strong. When Yan He was young, he had seen his family members cry for him to stay when he went to war. Even his own mother was like this. However, Xia Chengxiu was never like this. At most, he would be silent like this.

However, this silence made him feel even more guilty and pity. As a general, when the country was in trouble, he would not shirk his duty. He had lived until now and was worthy of being the ruler of heaven and earth. The only thing he owed was his wife and children.

Yan He hesitated for a moment. He pulled Xia Chengxiu into his arms and sighed softly, "Chengxiu, I have wronged you."

Xia Chengxiu was stunned for a moment before she smiled. "What grievance is this? You went to Ji County in order to protect the Great Wei's territory. Wasn't I able to live peacefully in the capital also because of your protection?"

"But I …" Yan He frowned. "When you were pregnant, I couldn't be by your side."

Being able to have a child with Xia Chengxiu was something to be happy about, but it also came with regret, disappointment, worry and guilt.

"Since I married you, of course, I already expected this day to come. Xia Chengxiu smiled. "The situation is critical. Even if you're not in Shuojing, the little guy will understand."

Yan He looked at Xia Chengxiu's lower abdomen and covered it with his palm. He murmured, "I don't know if it's the young master or the young lady …"

"When I heard what you said at Fengle Restaurant today, I thought you didn't care." Xia Chengxiu chuckled.

"I don't care whether it's a boy or a girl. After all, it's my blood."

"If it's really a son, do you really want him to be a general like you?" Xia Chengxiu asked.

Yan He thought for a moment. "I do want him to be a general, but if he doesn't like it and wants to be something else, that's fine. Besides, if our Muxia wants to learn martial arts, that's not a problem. My classmate, General Feihong, was also a girl. If our Muxia wants to be the second General Feihong, as her father, I will definitely support her. However, I'm much better than the father of the He Family. I will definitely teach her everything I know and let her surpass General Feihong. "