183

Ten days later, the group arrived at Jinling.

It was different from Jiyang's warmth and simplicity, and it was also different from Rundu's solemnity and bleakness. Jinling's city was gentle and affectionate, like a beautiful and elegant lady, stained with a thin layer of pink. The sunlight was clear, the morning sun was romantic, and the soft language of Wunong was filled with music. It was truly a rich and noble village in the human world.

Lin Shuanghe couldn't walk as soon as he arrived. He could only look at the delicate lady walking on the street and praise, "This is the Immortal Cave. No wonder people always say that once you enter Jinling, you don't want to leave."

He Yan, "… You said the same thing when you were in Jiyang."

Lin Shuanghe opened his fan, "Brother He, I'm just doing as the Romans do when in Rome."

He Yan, "…"

What a good 'when in Rome do as the Romans do'.

When they arrived at Jinling, they naturally had to greet the governor of Jinling's Yingtian Prefecture. It wasn't convenient for Yan He's troops to move around freely in the city. Yingtian Prefecture had already received the news of Yan He's arrival, so Yan He also went to Yingtian Prefecture to receive them first so that he could settle the troops down.

Outside Yingtian Prefecture, the imperial bodyguards were already waiting outside. There were already people arranged to settle the troops down. He Yan was supposed to stand with Wang Ba and the others in the "troops" team. However, Lin Shuanghe patted her shoulder, "You're now Mu An Lang personally appointed by His Majesty. You're no longer a commoner. Of course, you should be with us. It's a good opportunity to show you the world of officialdom."

He Yan was speechless. Just as he was about to ask Xiao Jue, Yan He glanced at her and said, "You're right. Since you have an official position, you should follow us."

Yan He was someone who had his eyes on top of his head and was very difficult to get along with. However, he treated He Yan differently. Others were a little surprised, but He Yan was well aware that this was all thanks to him degrading "He Rufei" in front of Yan He, making him feel that he was a rare soulmate in the world.

Everyone entered the room together. There was a person sitting in the main hall. When he saw them enter, he stood up. He was wearing the robes of an inspector general. This person was very young and thin. His facial features were delicate and had a hint of determination. He did not look like an inspector general. Instead, he looked like a student of the Imperial College. He stood up and bowed to Yan He. "Generals Yan." Then, his gaze fell on Xiao Jue and he was immediately shocked. However, this shock was fleeting and soon turned into shock.

He Yan was also shocked. He did not expect to meet Yang Mingzhi here.

What kind of coincidence was this? One Xiao Jue, one Lin Shuanghe, one Yan He and one Yang Mingzhi. They were her classmates in Xianchang Gymnasium. She actually met four of them here! This was too unbelievable. However … He Yan raised his eyes and secretly glanced at Xiao Jue. When they were studying, wasn't Xiao Jue and Yang Mingzhi the closest?

He Yan had received help from Xiao Jue when he was young. However, on the surface, he was not close to Xiao Jue. At that time, Xiao Jue also had her own good friends. Lin Shuanghe was one and Yang Mingzhi was another. Compared to Lin Shuanghe, who did not do proper work and only knew how to play, Yang Mingzhi was much more serious.

Yang Mingzhi's father, Master Yang, was a scholar in Guanwen Palace. Yang Mingzhi was very talented when he was young, probably because of his father. However, his health was not good. Every few days, he would have headaches and fevers. Hence, his martial sciences were a mess. However, the teachers and other youths would not laugh at him because of this. In the humanities, Yang Mingzhi was really amazing. It was said that he could speak eloquently at the age of five. At the age of eight, he could discuss the classics with famous scholars from Da Wei. When He Yan entered Xianchang Gymnasium, Yang Mingzhi was already very famous. His political theory and poetry were the best. He also had good handwriting. He Yan was very envious. He was also very gentle. He was not as lively as Lin Shuanghe, nor as indifferent as Xiao Jue. His gentleness was just right.