212

The winter in Shuojing was getting colder by the day.

It rained at night and the next morning, the ground was covered in a layer of damp coldness. On the tenth day of the tenth month, He Yan got up early.

He Sui and He Yunsheng left before the sun rose. One of them had to go to work and the other had to go to school. He Yan got up after they left and lit a candle. He quietly finished washing up and tiptoed out the door.

Qing Mei was sleeping soundly and it was not yet time to wake up to cook. He Yan knew that Chi Wu was staying in an empty room in the courtyard. He was keeping watch in the first half of the night and resting in the second half of the night. However, this person was very quick-witted and was afraid of being discovered. He Yan used the skills he learned from his previous life in the Vanguard and walked the short distance from the courtyard to the outside.

Xiang Xiang looked at her as if he did not understand her actions. He Yan rubbed the horse's head. He Yunsheng really loved this horse and specially bought a saddle for it. However, he was reluctant to ride it and the saddle was new. However, she was going out of the city today and she was so poor that she did not have the money to rent a carriage. She could only ask Xiang Xiang to give her a ride.

He Yan mounted the horse and galloped out of the city under the hazy light of the winter morning.

When the rooster crowed for the third time, Qing Mei yawned and got up to boil water. The water stove was placed outside the courtyard and the kettle gurgled with steam. It gave off a bit of warmth in the cold morning. She first went to the kitchen and boiled the porridge. Then she went to the courtyard to add water to the stables' water trough.

He Yunsheng loved the horse as much as his life. In the past, he would feed the horse himself. However, he was busy with his studies and left early and returned late every day. He really could not take care of the horse all the time, so he gave this glorious task to Qing Mei. Qing Mei did not dare to neglect and treated Xiang Xiang as the third young master in the residence. She took good care of him.

In the past, when she walked to the "stables," Xiang Xiang would hear her voice and pace back and forth. However, today he was unusually quiet. Qing Mei was a little worried. Was he sick? Recently, the weather had been very cold. Even people could easily catch a cold, let alone horses. Qing Mei walked to the front of the stable and took a look with the lantern in her hand. In a split second, she was stunned. A moment later, she came back to her senses and hurriedly ran towards He Yan's house. As she ran, she shouted, "Young Lady, Young Lady, it's not good! Xiangxiang … Xiangxiang has been stolen … "

The door was pushed open, and Qing Mei's voice stopped abruptly. The room was empty, and there was no one in sight. Her heart was in a state of panic. She looked around but didn't see He Yan's shadow. After staring blankly for a moment, she burst into tears.

"Bang!" The door was opened again, and a man's voice sounded in the courtyard, "What happened?"

Chi Wu rubbed his forehead. He had to admit that the He family was really too poor. Other than the three rooms in the courtyard, there were no other guest rooms. He Sui was an honest person. He wanted to give his room to Chi Wu. He Yunsheng also reluctantly agreed to live in the same room as Chi Wu, but Chi Wu flatly refused. Although he didn't pay attention to his daily life, he didn't want to risk his life to become a bodyguard in someone else's residence to protect the master's safety. He even had to protect the master's main room. In the end, after thinking about it, He Sui could only vacate the innermost room in the courtyard, which was filled with junk.

This room was very small. After removing the junk, there was only enough room for one bed. If Chi Wu wanted to walk, he had to walk sideways. Although he was also a bodyguard in a Xiao family, the treatment was very different. Although the He family had tried their best to provide him with the best conditions, Chi Wu often wished that he could pay out of his own pocket so that the He family could move to a bigger residence.