214

This time, He Yan went to Changmao Blacksmith Shop very early. As for the chaos after she left, Chi Wu would probably appease Qing Mei. The first time was unfamiliar, the second time was familiar. Now that she knew the way, her journey would be much smoother.

However, she did not expect that there would be guests at home today.

When Xiao Jue arrived at the He Residence, there was not a single person at home. Qing Mei was not there, Chi Wu was not there, and He Yan was definitely not there. The He Residence's main door was tightly shut. It was already dilapidated and looked like an abandoned old residence that no one lived in.

Xiao Jing and Bai Rongwei had visited once before. After returning home, Bai Rongwei tactfully asked if they should find another residence for the He Family. Xiao Jue refused. Although this was not a difficult matter, with He Yan's temperament, he would probably say something like "I don't deserve a reward for nothing". Emperor Wen Xuan was also an Emperor who did not eat the hardships of the world. He was given the title of Marquis, but he was not given a residence. Even his salary was suspended for a year. However, when he was in the Liang Province Guards, He Yan also received some silver as a reward. This silver should be enough to buy a residence for the time being.

He Yan lived on a street that was surrounded by ordinary people. During the day, they all had to go out to work. It was unlike the previous night when everyone came to watch. There was no one at home. Xiao Jue pondered for a moment and was about to leave. Just as she turned around, she bumped into someone.

This person saw Xiao Jue and was shocked. "Military Governor Xiao, why are you here?"

It was Jiang Jiao.

Jiang Jiao did not wear the robes of the new recruits today. He only wore a bamboo colored brocade robe. Xiao Jue did not immediately recognize him. However, as soon as Jiang Jiao spoke, he secretly scolded himself. He Yan was now Xiao Jue's fiancée. It was natural for Xiao Jue to come to find her. Why was he surprised?

"Military Governor Xiao is here to find Brother He … Miss He, right?" Jiang Jiao wanted to redeem himself a little, but he looked at the tightly shut door behind him. "I just passed by here and asked a fruit vendor. He said that this is the He Family … Why, is there no one in their house today?"

Xiao Jue shook her head and looked at him. "Why are you here?"

"Oh, I'm here to give Miss He a sword." Jiang Jiao scratched his head, "The soldiers in the camp who live in Shuo Jing have one day a month to go home to visit their families. I went home yesterday, so I should return to the camp today. Before I go back, I want to give this sword to Miss He. "

Xiao Jue raised her eyebrows slightly. Jiang Jiao snapped out of his daze. He was afraid that Xiao Jue would misunderstand, so he explained, "It's because Miss He was assassinated in Shuo Jing a few days ago. Everyone in the Liangzhou Guards knows about it. My brothers are worried that something might happen to her. My family runs a martial arts club, so I wrote a letter to my father asking him to find a sword for Miss He. " He weighed the long sword wrapped in cloth in his hand and seemed to be surprised. "It's not a precious sword, but it's light and sharp. Since Miss He has a sword with her, if she goes out in the future, even if she is attacked by blind assassins, she will still have a suitable weapon in her hand."

"Sword?" Xiao Jue frowned. "Why would you want to give her a sword?"

"Ah?" Jiang Jiao didn't expect Xiao Jue to ask such a question. "Miss He's swordsmanship is exquisite. If I want to give her a weapon, of course I should give her a sword. Although her whip and knife skills are good, I think her swordsmanship is better, so I chose this sword. "