243

In the prison, Xu Jingfu sat quietly.

When he first entered, the jailers were very respectful to him and did not dare to slight him. Although he was shocked by Xiao Huaijin's swift and decisive methods, he was not anxious. Chu Zhao was outside, and Emperor Wenxuan was gentle. Even if he could not escape unscathed, he could at least slowly turn the tables.

However, recently, the jailers' attitude towards him had gradually changed.

Xu Jingfu was a person who had been in the imperial court for so many years. Sometimes, he could tell a person's situation had changed just by looking at their eyes. These days, no one came to visit him, so he had no way of knowing the situation outside. Xu Jingfu did not care about himself, but he did not know how Xu Pingting and Madam Xu were doing. Xu Pingting had been spoiled since birth and had not experienced much hardship. He did not know how Emperor Wenxuan was dealing with them.

Xu Jingfu did not show it on his face, but he was already anxious.

The Crown Prince of the Guang Yan was not very useful, and because of the Uto incident, he was estranged from him. He probably did not dare to say anything now. When he thought of this, Xu Jingfu was secretly disdainful. If it were not for the fact that there was no one in the imperial court, he would not support this idiot Guang Yan. However, it had been so long. Could it be that Chu Zhao still had not thought of a way? Or could it be that Chu Zhao was also in trouble now?

Xu Jingfu was getting a little irritated. The longer he stayed in prison, the worse it was for him. He did not know what Xiao Jue had done, and Emperor Wenxuan … no matter how benevolent he was, he was still an emperor. When he was not around, the other officials would teach the emperor what to do.

There would always be people who wanted to drag him down. He had to think of another way. However, the most important thing now was to see his people first.

Xu Jingfu was thinking when his vision blurred. He seemed to see someone flash past the dark corner of the prison cell. When he looked again, there was nothing.

It was snowing outside, and the jailers were squatting at the door of the cell drinking. The alcohol temporarily dispelled the cold, and the chatter and laughter gradually died down. The torches burning on the wall quietly emitted a faint light. There seemed to be a small crackling sound in the fire, like the sound of burning things. Gradually, the sound became indistinct. After a long time, a scream pierced through the night sky.

"It's on fire! There was a fire! There's a fire in the prison! "

"Quick, put out the fire!"

The smoke made people's throats itch, and the raging fire burned in an instant. Everyone was talking at once, and there were sounds of people splashing water to put out the fire. There were also people's voices, accompanied by the sounds of swords clashing, "Help! Someone is trying to break out of prison! "

"Prime Minister Xu has been kidnapped!"

The carriage stopped at some point, and Xu Jingfu was pushed into a courtyard. It looked like a farm in the wilderness, and there were no other houses around. As soon as he entered, Xu Jingfu coughed.

He was old and couldn't withstand such torment. Half of his beard was burned off by the fire, and his clothes were blackened by the fire. He looked particularly miserable. There was no one else in the room. There was tea and food on the table, and it looked quite exquisite. He didn't touch it.

At any time, it was always good to be cautious.

When he came, he had already asked the people around him who had rescued him from prison, but no one answered his question. Xu Jingfu was also uneasy. After sitting for a while, there was a sound by the door, and someone came in.