224

Other than the servant who woke up in the middle of the night to use the toilet, the rest of the journey was smooth and they did not meet anyone else. He Yan carefully walked to the door of a room and whispered in Xiao Jue's ear, "This is He Rufei's study room."

So this was He Yan's study room. But now it was He Rufei's study room. After walking around and finding no other hidden mechanisms, He Yan gently pushed the door open and walked in.

This was the place where he lived, so he was very familiar with it. Xiao Jue followed him in. As soon as they entered, He Yan was surprised.

The bookshelves were still the same as before, and the table was the same as before. But the decorations in the study room were many times more than before. There were all kinds of porcelain and antiques. It was completely different from when He Yan lived in the past. She guessed that He Rufei probably put all the things that His Majesty gave him in the study room. She did not know who he was showing them off to. The bookshelves were originally half filled with books, but now they were full.

In the middle of the wall, there was a sword hanging. The blade of the sword was green and the scabbard had a bit of green color. It was Qinglang.

She was stunned for a moment, and her eyes unconsciously focused on the Qinglang sword. She wanted to reach out for the sword, but when her fingers were about to touch the blade, she retracted her hand.

Xiao Jue asked, "What's wrong?"

He Yan shook his head, "Now is not the time."

Even if she could steal the Qinglang sword back tonight, He Rufei would definitely report it to the officials tomorrow. The sword in her hand would become a "stolen property" and she would not be able to show it in public. Wouldn't this be an insult to the Qinglang sword?

So, now is not the time.

He Yan thought for a moment, got up and walked to the bookshelf. He squatted down and half of his body was on the ground. He reached into the innermost part of the bookshelf and felt around. When he touched a familiar bulge, the hidden compartment made a slight "click" sound. It was actually an empty compartment. He Yan took out a small palm-sized box from the compartment.

Xiao Jue asked, "What is this?"

"Exquisite Box." He Yan replied in a low voice, "Back then, His Majesty gave me a reward. This is the only one in the world. After I left, I gave it to He Rufei. I don't think he was willing to throw it away."

The hidden compartment on the bookshelf was made by He Yan in the past. This exquisite box was also very precious. Before she married into the Xu family, she couldn't take these things with her, so she gave them all to He Rufei. The Jewel Box was very suitable for storing secret scrolls. Even the most outstanding craftsman in the world would not be able to open it. Only the person who had set up the opening method for the Jewel Box would know how to open it. Moreover, the way to solve the problem could only be set up once.

With He Rufei's temperament, he wouldn't throw away such a precious item. What's more, from He Rufei's point of view, He Yan was already dead, and he was the only one in the world who knew how to open the Exquisite Box, so of course he was happy and relaxed.

However, he did not expect that He Yan would come back from the dead. This time, it was actually more convenient for him to do things.

"I don't know what he put inside." He Yan said in his heart. He picked up the Exquisite Box, and according to his memory, he gently turned the lock on the blind man's door. In just a moment, with a "pa" sound, the lid of the Exquisite Box opened.

The two of them looked into the box.

In He Er Furen's room, He Xinying and He Er Furen sat at the head of the bed. In her hand, she was still holding the military book that she stole from He Yan's old residence. She asked, "Mother, what is this? Did my sister leave it behind? Why did she keep this? "