160

Liu Buwang's body had just been brought back, and they hadn't had time to discuss the burial yet. Someone came to inform Xiao Jue that the people sent by Her Highness had found Chai Anxi.

Xiao Jue immediately rushed to the mansion with Lin Shuanghe.

When they arrived at the hall of the mansion, Mu Hongjin was talking to her subordinates. When she saw Xiao Jue, she shook her head slightly and said, "He's dying."

When the two entered the room, they saw a person lying on the couch. This person had been shot in the heart by an arrow, and blood kept flowing out. A person who looked like a doctor was pressing the wound for him. Lin Shuanghe asked the person to leave. He sat on the edge of the couch, felt his pulse, and shook his head at Xiao Jue. "There's no hope."

He was just a doctor after all. Fighting for his life with the King of Hell also depended on luck. It was impossible to save him with such injuries. Lin Shuanghe took out a medicine bottle from his bosom, poured out a pill from it, and fed it to Chai Anxi.

Not long after, the person on the couch struggled to open his eyes.

Lin Shuanghe got up. "There's not much time. If you have any questions, ask them as soon as possible." He patted Xiao Jue's shoulder and went out.

Chai Anxi raised his head in a daze. When he saw Xiao Jue's face, his dim eyes suddenly lit up. He gasped. "… Second Young Master?"

Xiao Jue stared at him indifferently.

"… Second Young Master." Chai Anxi was a little excited, but as soon as he spoke, he spat out a big mouthful of blood. He asked, "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to find you." Xiao Jue sat down on the chair in front of the couch and said calmly, "It's been five years. Now I should know what happened in the Battle of Mingshui."

Chai Anxi was stunned and didn't speak for a long time.

Xiao Jue actually often saw Chai Anxi when he was young. Chai Anxi was Xiao Zhongwu's assistant soldier. His martial arts skills were not the best, but his temperament was the most loyal and honest. He was like a black bear, and his build was similar to Shen Han's. When he was young, Chai Anxi would occasionally work for Xiao Zhongwu in the fu. When he saw Xiao Jue, he would always smile and call him, "Second Young Master!"

However, the Chai Anxi lying on the bed right now was completely different from the Xiao Jue in his memory. Chai Anxi was about the same age as Xiao Zhongwu and was in the prime of his life, but he looked like an old man. His hair had turned white, and there was a burn mark on his face. He didn't know if his body had shriveled or something, but he had become extremely small, like a child who hadn't grown up yet. The way he looked at Xiao Jue was no longer filled with love. Instead, it was filled with regret, guilt, pain, or something else.

It was so complicated that it was frightening.

He smiled bitterly and said, "Second Young Master, you already know, right?"

Xiao Jue did not say anything.

"General was killed by someone, and that person … included me."

Xiao Jue suddenly looked up, his fingers clenched into fists under his sleeves.

"You also know," Chai Anxi spoke with difficulty, "General was always unhappy that Prime Minister Xu had too much power, but His Majesty always trusted Prime Minister Xu. General reminded His Majesty to be wary of Prime Minister Xu, and Prime Minister Xu had long hated General. "

"The current Crown Prince was tyrannical and cowardly. He and Prime Minister Xu were jackals of the same tribe. They didn't like General for a long time, and the two of them were afraid of General's military power. They wanted to frame General, but General's life was clean and they couldn't find any loopholes. Crown Prince and Prime Minister Xu worked together and secretly planned the Battle of Mingshui with the Southern Barbarians. During the Battle of Mingshui, there was a traitor in the Southern Fu Army. General was attacked from both sides, and … died. "