192

The moment he said this, no one in the room said anything. Even Lin Shuanghe, who had never cared about the affairs of the state, looked puzzled when he heard this.

After all, the enemy had led their troops to invade and suffered defeat, yet the emperor was still thinking for them. It sounded like a joke.

"Right now, in the imperial court, the crown prince, Prime Minister Xu, and the civil officials are mostly in favor of peace. The generals have yet to express their opinions." Yang Mingzhi looked at Xiao Jue, "I want to ask you, what are you going to do?"

"Do you even need to ask?" Yan He said, "We are not weak. If someone slaps us in the face, why should we let them slap us in the face? I will chase the Uto back home and make sure they don't dare to step into Da Wei in the future! "

"Then I can rest assured." Yang Mingzhi said in a low voice, "It's just that … I don't know if your words can change the emperor's mind."

After talking about the recent movements of the Uto, everyone got up and left their seats. Because of the news sent by Yang Mingzhi, Xiao Jue and the others didn't plan to stay in Jinling for another two days. Since the Uto emissary was already on his way to Shuo Jing, they had to hurry back to Shuo Jing to meet the emperor. Right now, Shuo Jing was mostly under Prime Minister Xu. Even if they weren't under Prime Minister Xu, they were still suppressed and didn't dare to speak. If they really agreed to the Uto's request for peace and even set up a battlefield in Da Wei, it would only be harmful to the people of Da Wei.

After regrouping the troops, everyone had lunch and was about to set off. Xiao Jue and He Yan rode at the front with the troops. He Yan and Lin Shuanghe sat in a carriage. Chu Zhao and Ying Xiang's carriage was at the back.

Between the two horses riding side by side, Xiao Jue opened his mouth and said, "Have you seen He Rufei after the Xianchang Mansion?"

Yan He paused and said, "I'm not familiar with him. I've only seen him a few times after he was made a general, but I only saw him from afar. However, ever since he was made a general, other than the battle in Hua Yuan, have you ever seen him lead an army? I think he's been living a comfortable life for too long. That's why he's so weak in the battle of Hua Yuan. Why are you asking him? You want to catch up with him? "

Xiao Jue did not answer his question. She continued to ask, "He Rufei that you met later, what was the difference between him and the past?"

"What's the difference?" Yan He frowned. "How would I know? I wasn't following him the whole time. However, he had grown a little over the years and was a little taller than before. Before I went to Ling County, I heard that the He Family had the intention to marry a wife for him. Xiao Huaijin. "He glanced at his companion beside him." If He Rufei marries a wife before you … You won't lose to He Rufei, right? "

Xiao Jue couldn't be bothered to pay attention to him and rode off.

He Yan, who was in the horse carriage, did not know that Xiao Jue and Yan He had such a conversation. The closer she got to Shuo Jing, the heavier her worries became. Lin Shuanghe also noticed it. He sat opposite her and asked, "Younger Sister He, what's wrong with you? When I saw you in the Rundu, I felt that something was wrong. It was as if you had something on your mind. You didn't even talk much these days. What kind of trouble did you encounter? If you have any difficulties, just tell me. I'll help you think of a solution. "

He Yan smiled bitterly.

She was only thinking about how to expose He Rufei when she returned to Shuo Jing. Now that she had become Mu An Lang, her identity was closer to the He Family and Xu Family than her previous identity as the military officer's daughter. However, the official position of "Mu An Lang" had many restrictions. He Rufei's trusted aides who could prove the truth were all killed by He Rufei. It was difficult to get a witness, so she could only start from another place. The Xu Family was the one who kept this secret.