154

When these 50 people first accepted Cui Yuezhi's orders, they never thought that they would come back alive. When they heard He Yan's words, they froze on the spot.

After a while, someone asked, "Is this … feasible?"

"I'll attract the Uto's attention from the front," He Yan said. "However, your boats will need to be arranged according to my arrangements." She had never set up a formation on the water before, but she couldn't care less at the moment. However, He Yan looked at the distant sky. There was a ray of light at the end of the sky. The sky was about to brighten. Would there be any wind today?

Would the heavens be on their side?

But no matter what, fighting was their destiny.

"Pick up the sabers in your hands and follow me," she said.

Dawn finally broke, and the last bit of darkness dissipated. A red sun rose from the front of the canal, accompanied by clouds and mist. Golden light spread across the entire river, and Jiyang City was enveloped in a splendid glow.

The soldiers on the city tower blew the horn. At the embankment, the Jiyang army was ready to set off. Their boats docked at the shore like dense black iron.

A dark spot gradually appeared in the distance. Slowly, the dark spot grew bigger and bigger. At first, it was a flat line. Then, the line became wider and longer until it covered a large area of the canal. Everyone could see clearly that it was the Uto's boats.

The Uto's boats were extremely tall. At the bow of the boats stood the Uto soldiers. They were all wearing leather robes and small round hats made of black lamb's skin. Two red belts were attached to the back of the hats. They were all tall and strong. Before they even got close, they laughed loudly and intimidated the Jiyang army.

"Commander-in-chief," a deputy soldier behind her said in a trembling voice, "their men …"

"At least 150,000," Xiao Jue said.

20,000 against 150,000. This was no longer a battle of numbers. The disparity was so big that it made people feel desperate.

"Follow me onto the boat." Xiao Jue took the lead and stepped onto the small boat on the shore.

Compared to the Uto's ships, the Jiyang City Army's ships were too small. The Uto soldiers had come up from the north of the canal, and it was a long journey. The ships were large and sturdy, and it was unknown what kind of wood they were made of, but it should be very precious. In recent years, Da Wei had been busy quelling the chaos in the Western Qiang and Southern Barbarians, giving the Uto an opportunity. Unknowingly, the wealth of the Uto Kingdom was not to be underestimated. Its treasury might not be any weaker than that of Da Wei.

The soldiers of Jiyang City followed the Xiao Jue onto the ship, and the ship headed in the direction of the Wu Tuo Army.

The leader who led the troops to Jiyang this time was the Utuo General Maka. Maka was actually not very tall. In fact, compared to the bodyguards around him, he was rather short. He was not very old and had just stood up, but he was already very famous in the Utopia Kingdom. This was because he was extremely adept at sneak attacks. Furthermore, because he was the cousin of the king of Wutuo Kingdom, the king had entrusted him with an army of 150,000 soldiers, allowing him to fight his first battle in Da Wei.

Maka was determined to win over Jiyang.

The spies hidden in Jiyang City had already found out about the current situation in Jiyang City. The territory of a vassal king did not have many soldiers and horses, and it had been peaceful and happy all these years. Conquering such a city was actually a piece of cake. The only problem was the princess of Jiyang, Mu Hongjin. This woman was very cunning, but she was only a woman. However, there seemed to be more people in Jiyang City these days. It was said that a white-clothed swordsman was chasing after the spies of the Utopia Kingdom. It was unknown if the news had been leaked, but the commoners of Jiyang City had already begun to evacuate. In order to avoid any more trouble, they decided to take action in advance.