255

Xiao Jue returned to the Xiao Manor in the evening.

It was almost dark. He Yan saw him as soon as he walked to the door of the courtyard. He hurriedly asked, "Xiao Jue, do you know Mr. Wei …"

Xiao Jue said, "I just came back from the Wei Manor." With that, he entered the room.

He had gone to the South Manor Army to train early in the morning. Later, he learned about Wei Xuanzhang's death remonstrance and hurried back. He hadn't even had time to change his clothes after returning from the Wei Manor.

"I'm going out tonight," he said.

He Yan's heart thumped. She looked at him. "Xiao Jue …"

He walked to He Yan's side and asked, "Do you still have the black jade I gave you before?"

He Yan paused. She took the jade pendant from her waist and pinched it in her hand.

"I will leave some people in the manor. If I don't come back tomorrow morning, take this jade out of the city and find Shen Han of the Liang Province Guards."

"Xiao Jue." He Yan didn't directly answer his question. Instead, she grabbed his hand, her expression uncertain. "Are you …"

She didn't say the rest of her words. There were some things that didn't need to be said to be understood.

Xiao Jue looked down at her. He knew that although He Yan was bold, she hadn't done anything out of line in these years. But …

"There's not much time left." After a moment, he put his hands on He Yan's and said softly.

He Yan was silent for a long time. She nodded. "I know."

Since there were some things that had already been decided, there was no need to be overly cautious. Moreover, from the looks of it now, this was something that would happen sooner or later.

She just hadn't expected it to happen so quickly.

"Don't worry and go." She raised her head to look at Xiao Jue, and her expression became relaxed again. "I will guard the Xiao family for you here. No one will be able to cross my sword. But Xiao Jue, you have to remember that my sister-in-law is pregnant and can't take the shock. So tomorrow morning, "she held Xiao Jue's hands tightly," you have to come back. If you don't come back, I will bring the sword into the palace to look for you. "

Xiao Jue was stunned and said angrily, "You dare?"

He Yan was unmoved. "Let's see if I dare."

The girl's gaze was firm. She had always been stubborn. Once she had decided on something, there was no room for regret. After a long stalemate, Xiao Jue finally gave in and said, "I promise you."

He Yan smiled. "It's a deal."

Night enveloped the entire palace.

In the throne room, the Crown Prince of Guang Yan was walking slowly.

The palace servants were all dismissed, leaving only a few trusted subordinates to guard the door. He slowly walked up the steps until he reached the end of the steps and stopped in front of the Dragon Throne.

The armrest of the bright yellow dragon throne was engraved with a golden True Dragon. He reached out and very slowly stroked the dragon's whiskers and scales. It was clearly ice-cold, but it made the blood flowing through his body boil and boil.

Guang Yan turned around and sat on the Dragon Throne.

He raised his eyes and looked down at the steps. It was as if he could see hundreds of officials bowing and kneeling in front of him. He was the Son of Heaven. Everyone should submit to him. When he thought of this, Guang Yan felt proud and elated. His chest was extremely carefree.