240

General Feihong's case caused a huge uproar in the entire Shuo capital. The soldiers and commoners who had received General Feihong's favor went to the palace to beg for the truth to be investigated. General Feihong had a good reputation among the soldiers and commoners. Once the truth came out, the He and Xu families were angered.

Emperor Wenxuan handed the case to the Supreme Court. In a few days, He Yuanliang couldn't take it anymore and revealed the truth. The officers and soldiers also found a lot of evidence of He Rufei and the Wutuo people in the He family. After this case, the He family deceived the monarch, falsely claimed meritorious service, colluded with the enemy and committed treason. Other than General Feihong's di sister He Xinying, all of them were sentenced to death. The main culprit, He Rufei, was sentenced to death by a thousand cuts. He was sent to the city to be cut 120 times and beheaded.

As for the Hanlin Academy Scholar Xu family, other than Xu Zhiheng, all the men were exiled and the women were not enslaved.

This case was solved very quickly. After hearing the result, the commoners all clapped their hands and said that the He and Xu families deserved it.

The day before the execution, Xu Zhiheng looked at the rancid food in front of him and didn't want to eat.

It was his last meal on the road to the Yellow Springs. The other prisoners had food and wine, but he had nothing. This was because even the jailers felt that Xu Zhiheng's actions were too cruel and heartless. There were many people who had received General Feihong's favor. Now, even if it was for the dead General He, there were many people who didn't want Xu Zhiheng to have an easy time.

The jailers mocked him, "Why aren't you eating? After today, you won't be able to eat anymore. I advise you not to be so picky. "

Hearing this, Xu Zhiheng became emotional. He rushed to the door and grabbed the bars. He looked at the jailers outside, "No … I won't die! I'll give you money. Help me find people and ask them to save me! I'll give you money! "

"Okay," the jailers smiled and looked at him, "Who do you want me to find?"

Find who?

Xu Zhiheng suddenly froze.

The He Clan had already fallen along with them. He Rufei himself could not even protect himself. The colleagues who used to be on good terms with his Clan had probably long avoided them, afraid that they would get into trouble. No one could save him.

Xu Zhiheng collapsed to the ground powerlessly. In his despair, he felt a great sense of unwillingness. He muttered, "Why? I didn't kill anyone … I didn't do anything! "

"You really didn't do anything?" A voice sounded from the darkness. Xu Zhiheng suddenly looked up and saw a person slowly appear in front of him. His entire body was covered in a black cloak. At first, he was overjoyed, thinking that someone had come to save him. But in the next moment, his joy turned into fear, because that person took off the hood of his cloak, revealing his face.

It was Marquis Wu An, He Yan.

Xu Zhiheng was startled and quickly retreated until he reached the foot of the wall. He said vigilantly, "Don't come over … Don't come over!"

The jailers had already left. He Yan looked at the embarrassed man. Xu Zhiheng seemed to be very afraid of her. He stared at her as if he was looking at an evil spirit crawling out of hell, full of horror.

He Yan had never seen Xu Zhiheng like this. Whether it was the young man in green who pulled her out of the snow when she was 14 years old and helped her carry her bag with a smile, or the Xu Zhiheng who smiled warmly at her after she married him, they were completely different from the man in front of her, who was like a frightened bird with a twang of a bow. Even when He Wanru brought people to drown her, Xu Zhiheng did not appear from beginning to end.