151

Mu Xiaolou snuggled up to Mu Hongjin and chatted for a while before she was called away by Aunt Tong. The maid beside her helped Mu Hongjin to stand up. She took a few steps forward and walked to the painted wall with the murals.

The hall was spacious and deserted. The only lively place was the painted wall. The market was crowded and the canal flowed. All the liveliness of Jiyang City was painted on the wall. Everyone's faces were filled with joy and happiness. She hadn't seen this kind of liveliness for many years.

After all, ever since she became the princess, the place she spent the most time in was this empty prince's mansion.

Mu Xiaolou would be sent out of the city after today. The so-called Uncle Wang's birthday banquet was just a pretense. The vassals had not interacted with each other for many years. To avoid arousing His Majesty's suspicion, everyone settled down and the world was peaceful. Now that Uto was hiding in the dark, a storm was brewing in Jiyang. As the princess, she couldn't escape. She had to stay in the city and live and die with the people who couldn't escape. This was the Mu family's strength of character. However, Mu Xiaolou couldn't stay. She was Jiyang's only hope. If … if the worst happened and only Mu Xiaolou survived, there was still hope.

"The lords have already ordered the evacuation of the people." The maid said softly, "Is Your Highness worried about the Young Highness?"

Mu Hongjin smiled and shook her head, "I'm worried about Jiyang City."

The willow tree outside the window had long branches that were soaked in the green of spring. It stretched to the edge of the pond and created small ripples. The carps in the pond fought to be the first to peck at it.

It was the same every spring. The only thing that changed was the people.

When Mu Hongjin was young, she liked life outside the prince's mansion. As the youngest daughter of King Meng Ji, when her brother was still alive, she was pampered like the innocent pearl in the palms of all the wealthy families in Jiyang. She lived a warm and lovely life. However, after her brother passed away when she was sixteen, her life changed.

King Meng Ji started to make her learn many things and set many rules. At that time, Mu Hongjin truly understood how hard her brother's life was. However, it was hard work. King Meng Ji didn't have any other children. As the person who would bear the responsibility of the entire prince's mansion in the future, it was understandable that he suffered.

However, Mu Hongjin found it hard to accept that even her marriage was controlled by someone else.

Now that he thought about it, she was used to being spoiled at that time. She was young and impetuous, so she actually dared to leave. She did not realize at all that if she left her father alone in the Prince's Mansion, how would she deal with the ministers of the imperial court who would break off their engagement? If it was the current Mu Hongjin, she would not have such courage.

The more he took on, the less freedom he would have as his "self." The courage to risk everything would only come once in a lifetime. After that age, after that time, it would never come again. Together with his younger self, they disappeared into the long river of time.

Mu Hongjin really liked Liu Buwang at first.

The young man in white had a cold and cheerless temperament. He was upright and self-restrained, but sometimes he was naive and unsophisticated. He clearly had amazing skills and outstanding skills, but he could seriously find a sheep for a farmer and not complain at all. But Mu Hongjin thought that these so-called advantages, such as kindness and innocence, were all additional. She liked Liu Buwang. At the beginning, when Liu Buwang stood in front of her with a sword under the peach blossom tree and drove away those bad guys for her, it had started.