270

Xiao Jue always thought that He Yan was a liar.

In other people's eyes, He Yan was righteous, forthright, confident, and generous. But in his eyes, He Yan was a person who could eat, sleep, talk nonsense, and was also a person who was greedy and stingy.

Everyone had their own secrets. Although people lived in this world, they were not completely divided into good and evil. People's hearts were complicated and contradictory. But He Yan was probably the most contradictory woman he had ever met in his life.

She was a pitiful person who hid in the darkness and didn't want others to discover her true heart. Compared to the brave and confident female general on the battlefield, she was just too different. It was to the extent that in the past few years, no one had ever connected 'He Yan' with 'He Rufei'.

For example, the Fuyue Army soldiers on the training field always said that their leader, General Gui Yue, was more broad-minded than men, and that her conduct was more free and easy than men. She never looked back, and always strode forward. With her, the morale of the army was stable. Even if the sky fell, it would be the same thing.

But Xiao Jue knew that He Yan was not a person who never looked back.

For the past, she had a longer attachment and affection than other people. Especially those good and precious memories, she carefully kept them and never neglected them.

In Jin Ling city, Hua Youxian would often ask people to send some newly brewed sweet wine to her. Every time she tasted it, she would carefully write a reply. After drinking it, she would carefully keep the wine jar away. Every season, the women in the Rundu would send her clothes and boots that they sewed themselves. The embroidery was exquisite, and the tailoring was perfect. He Yan herself had not bought any new clothes for a long time.

Lin Shuanghe sometimes saw it. He secretly whispered to Xiao Jue, "Huaijin, if my sister He continues to be like this, will she become the next Chu Linfeng?"

Xiao Jue gave him a "get lost".

In Jiyang city, Cui Yuezhi would occasionally write her a letter. He would tell her about the good things that happened recently, and also about Jiuchuan … She carefully read the letters and kept them away. In the wooden drawer in the study room, the letters were neatly stacked together … She didn't want to burn them.

She seemed to be free and easy, but she was especially afraid of "loss".

He Yan was very sad when Er Mao died.

Birth, old age, illness, and death were the norm in the world. Whether it was humans or animals, they would all die one day. He Yan didn't like to cry. She didn't cry when Er Mao died, but Xiao Jue often found her sitting on the doorstep of the courtyard, staring blankly at the bowl that Er Mao used to drink from.

He walked over and sat with her for a while without saying anything.

He Yan was not as cool about "loss" as he appeared to be. Back then, after the Battle of Utuo, her comrades had died. Before that, she had forced herself not to think about those things. After returning to Shuojing, she had been sad for a long time.

The only thing he could do was to stay by He Yan's side. At the very least, his name would never appear on the list of "lost".

In these two years, gradually, there were many madams who secretly talked to Bai Rongwei, asking if Xiao Jue had any plans to take in a concubine. Xiao family's two brothers were very outstanding. Xiao Jing had been married to Bai Rongwei for so many years, and even after having a daughter, Xiao Peipei, he was still deeply in love with Bai Rongwei. He really couldn't find the time. Xiao Jue was different. In the past, people thought that he had a good appearance, but in reality, his personality was too cold and emotionless. They thought that he would never marry in this lifetime. However, later on, He Yan married a military officer's daughter, and he doted on his wife very much.