Chapter 12: Protection

Luo Jinxiang was pushed so hard that she almost fell head first to the ground. Fortunately, she was able to take a few quick steps and stand firmly in front of Qu Wei Yin.

There was a hint of a smile on Qu Wei Yin's lips, but it quickly disappeared as she motioned for Luo Jinxiang to step aside.

"You will be the last, watch carefully," she instructed.

Luo Jinxiang scratched his head and stood behind Qu Wei Yin, not understanding the purpose of her antics.

Next was the shy girl who was now blushing furiously. She seemed unsure what to do with her hands, and it took her a while to summon her spiritual energy.

The crowd held their breath and watched, but after a while, the center of the great hall remained empty.

Seeing this, the girl was disappointed and began to shed tears. Qu Wei Yin's expression turned impatient, and Chang Siyu waved for the girl to step down.

"Yan Ying, it's your turn," Chang Siyu said.

Yan Ying quickly stepped forward, seemingly undaunted. She was also quite talented, and in no time at all, the array took shape and an immense spiritual force was injected, creating a storm in an instant.

The onlookers were thrown off balance, leaving only Qu Wei Yin and Chang Siyu standing. Qu Wei Yin remained unperturbed, not a single hair out of place.

Luo Jinxiang, who was standing behind Qu Wei Yin, also benefited from her protection and only took a few steps back.

"It's a divine beast, what is it, a bird?" the astonished onlookers shouted. "A peacock, it's a peacock!"

Yan Ying's eyes widened, unable to contain her joy. According to legend, of the nine descendants of the phoenix, the peacock is the sixth and most powerful. It can create gusts of wind ten miles away with a single breath. Although it can't be considered a true divine beast, it's close enough, and their ability to summon such a creature was a stroke of luck.

Even Chang Siyu was wide-eyed and effusive with praise.

The newly summoned peacock was still a fledgling and soon perched on Yan Ying's shoulder and fell asleep. She ran back into the crowd with a beaming smile, causing a stir.

"Next," Qu Wei Yin continued, seemingly unconcerned.

The following summonings were less eventful, mostly consisting of ordinary spirit beasts, but everyone seemed satisfied. However, Lu Fanzhi's summoning was quite unusual, as she managed to summon a large yellow fat cat.

While the other creatures exuded grandeur, her feline companion flopped to the ground and fell into a deep slumber. Several people had to join forces to carry it to the side, and Luo Jinxiang was left shaking with laughter at the scene.

Just as she was enjoying herself, Qu Wei Yin looked at her and said, "You, it's your turn.

At the sight of Qu Wei Yin, Luo Jinxiang immediately suppressed her smile and solemnly walked to the center of the main hall.

Whispers began to spread throughout the room as people anticipated her failure, but she paid no attention to them. She focused on the array in front of her.

When the girl was serious, her eyes held a faint gleam, and her profile was breathtaking. Her smile was sweet, and when she wasn't smiling, she looked cold and distant.

Qu Wei Yin suddenly realized that she was staring at Luo Jinxiang. She quickly looked away and quietly cleared her throat.

Luo Jinxiang skillfully prepared himself and extended his right hand, gradually gathering his spiritual energy in one place before slowly pouring it into the array. She was grateful for her recent cultivation, which was enough to allow her to complete this formation.