Chapter 87: A Few Choices

“Wu Jue?” Luo Jinxiao felt a flush of warmth from those bold words, initially a bit shy, but then exhilaration washed over her. It turned out that Qu Weiyin had harbored such thoughts for a long time.

“Say it again,” she urged, unable to suppress a beaming smile.

“I won’t say it,” Qu Weiyin teased.

After the temple fair concluded, they found an inn to rest for the night, planning to set off early the next morning.

Luo Jinxiao felt quite bored in their room for a while. Suddenly, she glanced through the window and saw a dark figure sitting on the steps below, making it impossible to discern who it was. She stood by the window watching for a while before deciding to swiftly appear downstairs.

“Yan Ying?” Luo Jinxiao called out, quickly striding towards her. She looked around, assessing the situation. “It’s nearly midnight; what are you doing sitting here?”

Yan Ying raised her head to glance at her, snorting softly, and remained silent.

Luo Jinxiao felt a bit puzzled. She decided to sit down beside Yan Ying, tilting her head back to admire the silver crescent moon.

After a quiet moment, Yan Ying finally spoke, a hint of confusion on her face. “Is Luo Ning asleep?”

“She should be,” Luo Jinxiao replied before a thought struck her. “You two didn’t have another argument, did you?”

“I haven’t quarreled with her since returning from the Tower of Everlasting Brightness. I’ve been yielding to her in everything, but recently I’ve felt she’s been acting strange,” Yan Ying replied, tapping her small legs in frustration.

“What’s so strange about her?” Luo Jinxiao inquired. A surge of guilt washed over her as it occurred to her that she hadn’t been attentive to Luo Ning since their descent from Nandu Peak.

Now that she thought about it, it had been a while since Luo Ning had followed her closely.

“She always avoids me and hasn’t scolded me anymore. It seems like she’s suddenly become more distant,” Yan Ying sighed.

“Our first meeting was at the Luo family. I remember someone bullying you, and Luo Ning single-handedly took them down, leaving them searching for their teeth. That’s when I realized she was different. But she didn’t like to play with others, so the only person I could tease was you; that’s the only way she would pay attention to me.”

Luo Jinxiao raised an eyebrow slightly.

“I don't understand what’s so good about your sister. She’s foolish and clumsy, yet she revolves around you all day,” Yan Ying said, growing increasingly frustrated and casting an indignant glare at Luo Jinxiao.

Suddenly being berated, Luo Jinxiao felt quite innocent.

“I heard that ever since you left the Luo family, she has almost cut off all contact with them,” Yan Ying remarked casually. She stood up and patted her skirt. “Forget it, I’m going to rest now. Enjoy the moon on your own!”

Watching Yan Ying storm away, Luo Jinxiao felt like a punching bag for someone else's anger, yet she couldn’t muster any resentment—only a sense of helplessness.

Maybe it was time to have a chat with Luo Ning.

The next morning, while it was still dark out, the four continued their journey. Luo Jinxiao felt invigorated despite having hardly slept because she now possessed divine energy.

Today, she wore the dress Qu Weiyin had gifted her, the wide sleeves trailing behind her like butterfly wings. She twirled in front of Qu Weiyin, delightfully asking, “How do I look?”