Chapter 92: Three Years

The temple was utterly silent, and all Luo Jinxiao could hear was the sound of her own breathing.

She suddenly questioned whether she was still dreaming, but the sensations around her felt all too real.

“Elder sister,” Luo Ning spoke up.

Luo Jinxiao struggled to calm herself, trying to sort through her thoughts. The black-robed figure was Luo Ning. No wonder she felt that familiarity, and no wonder Luo Ning had been acting so strangely recently, appearing elusive and hard to read.

“What is going on?” Luo Jinxiao exhaled deeply, raising her eyes to ask, “Did you know this would happen?”

Luo Ning nodded, then shook her head.

“Did you cause Qu Weiyin’s outburst today?” Luo Jinxiao felt her throat tremble as she spoke.

At that, Luo Ning hurriedly shook her head, her expression tinged with sorrow. “No, how could I harm you? I knew that she would have a day like this, but I never expected it to come so suddenly. Her condition is being manipulated by someone else.”

Relieved that it wasn’t her design, Luo Jinxiao immediately asked, “Then what did you mean earlier? Why did you come close to me, pretending to be my sister?”

“I am not pretending; I am your sister—now and in our past lives. Always have been,” Luo Ning replied, taking a couple of steps closer to Luo Jinxiao, her expression complicated.

“Do you know about the divine clan?” she suddenly asked.

The divine clan? How could Luo Jinxiao not know? Suddenly, she recalled something, her eyes widening in shock.

Luo Ning was bathed in the light of the luminous pearl, her black robe draped heavily over her shoulders as she gazed at Luo Jinxiao. She spoke slowly, “Sister, you are the only one in this world, and the last one, who belongs to the divine.”

Luo Jinxiao felt that everything that had happened today was simply too bizarre.

So bizarre that when she heard such unbelievable words, her heart barely stirred.

“I know you don’t believe me. Do you remember the sudden surge of energy you felt in the Changming Tower?” Luo Ning asked.

Luo Jinxiao recalled that day; she had indeed heard an incredibly ancient voice. It suddenly clicked for her that the voice belonged to the black-robed figure, and thus also to Luo Ning.

“Also, what was in the soul lamp wasn’t a soul at all, but a strand of divine power that never dissipated, which has always belonged to you. If you weren’t a divine being, how could you withstand the impact of divine power?”

Listening to her words, Luo Jinxiao found herself reluctantly being convinced, even though she didn’t want to admit it.

“You say that was your divine power—are you also a divine being?” Luo Jinxiao asked.

Luo Ning shook her head slightly. “I am, yet I am not. The celestial realm has both failures and prodigies; the divine clan is no different. In the divine realm, I am that failure. You, sister, are different; you are the pride of the divine clan.”

“I am extremely weak, and I can’t even compete with ordinary cultivators. I’ve always had to dabble in the unorthodox, and thankfully, it’s allowed me to possess the ability to manipulate time, to bring you back to this moment.”

“So, it was you who sent me back two thousand years?” Luo Jinxiao exclaimed in shock. “Then what about Qu Weiyin? Why was she reborn?”

Upon hearing this, a hint of awkwardness appeared on Luo Ning’s face.