Chapter 20: The Competition

With only a lingering scent surrounding them, Lu Fanzhi approached and whispered, "Jinxiu, how did you and Senior Uncle Qu become so close?"

Luo Jinxiu snapped back to reality and shook her head, "That is not the case. I just wanted to express my gratitude for her help."

Luo Jinxiu was no longer as afraid of the woman who was rumored to be a demon. Perhaps it was because the woman never displayed the viciousness for which she was known. Although her temperament was peculiar, she had been helping Luo Jinxiu ever since she entered the Gate of Regrets. Luo Jinxiu began to wonder if the rumors about her were true.

She wondered what the woman had experienced in her past life to become the terrifying madwoman she was rumored to be. Her feelings toward the woman were complex - she felt fear, gratitude, and curiosity.

After a brief moment of reflection, she pushed those thoughts aside. The most important thing now was how to win the competition without revealing her current cultivation level. In her previous life, she didn't have a satisfactory spirit weapon, and she couldn't afford to miss such a great opportunity in this life.

Over the next few days, in addition to teaching classes with others, Luo Jinxiu would retreat to remote areas in the deep mountains to practice on his own. Regretless Gate was indeed a place suitable for cultivating immortality, and it was rich in spiritual energy. It was not easy to cultivate the extremely yin spiritual energy channels, but she slowly discovered the secrets and managed to fuse the two types of spiritual energy in her body, making it more flexible and versatile.

In her spare time, she would sneak into the library, just as she had in her previous life, and immerse herself in the vast collection of manuals and documents. She could lose herself in them for hours without being disturbed, enjoying the solace.

The day of the competition came quickly, and Luo Jinxiu deliberately woke up early. The sky was still a deep blue, and the fog hadn't dissipated yet. The training ground was shrouded in mist, and shadows could barely be seen even a few meters away. When she arrived, bun in hand, the large white jade platform was hidden in the mountain mist, appearing like an ethereal wonderland.

Several students had arrived early and were nervously sparring with each other. Among them, Luo Jinxiu recognized a few faces. Baili Qingzhou was brandishing a sword and chanting some strange incantations.

Luo Jinxiu watched with interest for a while, but couldn't quite figure out what he was doing. "Why did you come so early, Jinxiu?" Lu Fanzhi appeared behind her, looking excited and not at all nervous.

"I couldn't sleep, so I came early. How do you feel about the competition?" Luo Jinxiu smiled.

Lu Fanzhi shook his head, massaging his shoulders, "I don't really care about winning a spirit weapon. However, my master seems to be more nervous than me. Since yesterday, he's been drilling me on sword techniques over and over again, wearing me out."

Luo Jinxiu lifted her eyes to see a handsome man with a refined and gentle appearance standing not far away, using his spiritual powers to prepare for the upcoming competition platform.

"My master is watching over me today, but several elders and senior brothers and sisters will also come to watch. You must be careful," Lu Fanzhi said, her eyes filled with concern.

Luo Jinxiu patted her shoulder to reassure her.

People continued to arrive, and as the fog lifted with the sunrise, the cool morning sunlight shone through the clouds, warming their bodies. Gradually, the area around the large white jade platform became more and more crowded.

The annual New Disciple Competition was a source of enjoyment for the senior disciples of years past, and almost the entire Regretless Gate had come to watch the spectacle. Luo Jinxiu saw Luo Ning waving his fist at her from a distance, looking solemn, so she solemnly responded in kind.