Chapter 74: Princess Carry

Luo Jinxiao didn't have time to ponder what was happening. Anger enveloped her, and her eyes burned with murderous intent.

Qu Weiyin felt scorching hot in her arms as Luo Jinxiao held her tightly with one hand while slowly reaching for the Nu Jue that had fallen nearby.

As soon as the Nu Jue touched her skin, it began to tremble violently, pressing against her as if wanting to merge with her entirely.

Fleeting, blurry images burst into her mind—snow-covered plains followed by scenes of carnage, ancient and desolate.

“Jinxiao…” Qu Weiyin called out softly, confusion and fear lacing her voice as her cold hand sought out Luo Jinxiao’s.

Desperately, she tightened her grip, trying to awaken Luo Jinxiao from whatever stupor she seemed to be in.

Luo Jinxiao’s eyes suddenly flung open. She released Qu Weiyin, and her body vanished in an instant. Qu Weiyin found herself steadied by Luo Ning, a flicker of panic flashing in her usually placid eyes.

Just moments ago, she had sensed a different energy emanating from Luo Jinxiao, as if she had transformed into a completely different person—strangely foreign.

“Master Uncle, don’t worry; my sister is fine,” Luo Ning urged, gripping Qu Weiyin tightly to keep her from recklessly plunging into danger.

As a pale azure figure reappeared, it stood behind Yu Gui, hair flowing wildly, gaze icy. The cave began to collapse under the tremendous pressure of the surrounding forces, the white light alternating between visibility and darkness, flashing in a way that was disorienting.

Yet Luo Jinxiao seemed utterly unperturbed. Her almond-shaped eyes widened slightly, and her slender fingers reached into the air as an ancient language escaped her lips.

The two demon creatures hurriedly turned, but before Yu Gui and A Qiu could react, several beams of silver light wrapped around them. With a commanding shout, the threads tightened swiftly.

“What is this?!” A Qiu exclaimed in panic, realizing his strength was waning. Under the constraining white lights, he felt powerless, like a bird trapped in a cage, struggling in vain.

Following that, A Qiu's agonized screams echoed through the air as the white light transformed into blades, slowly slicing through his flesh. His withered skin began to melt away, revealing the stark white of his bones beneath.

Seeing this, Yu Gui's fear intensified. Struggling to steady himself, his astonishment rendered his voice devoid of its usual ethereal quality. “Who exactly are you?”

Luo Jinxiao remained silent, or perhaps she simply found him beneath her notice. Rage flared in her eyes—an unprecedented venomous ferocity that only fueled her desire to tear the demon before her part piece by piece.

As she wished, A Qiu's cries escalated into sheer horror. The underworld formation he had practiced now felt like child’s play in the face of Luo Jinxiao’s wrath.

Realizing he could not afford to perish alongside A Qiu, Yu Gui suddenly curled into a ball, transforming into demonic energy to roll out of the reach of the white light’s constraints. Luo Jinxiao loosened her grip as the Nu Jue took flight, morphing into a transparent form that silently slipped through A Qiu's body.

This time was different; A Qiu's old, withered skin began to rot and crack from within. He cried out in despair as he exploded into a mass of flesh and blood before everyone's eyes.

Blood splattered across Qu Weiyin's face, and she froze, shouting out, “Luo Jinxiao!” in an attempt to pull her back from the brink of madness.

Such a version of Luo Jinxiao frightened her deeply, causing her to tremble uncontrollably.