Chapter 77: Calming Spell

Qu Weiyin stood still for a moment, then pretended as if nothing had happened. She raised her hand, and the book returned to her grasp.

Her gaze reproached Luo Jinxiao, who instead looked up at the sky, avoiding her eyes.

“Cough, cough…” Qu Weiyin cleared her throat a few times, maintaining a blank expression. “I’ve finished my lecture. You all may disperse for now.”

The disciples were still reeling from the earlier shock, and few dared to discuss it openly, leaving the group awkwardly frozen in place.

Finally, it was Qu Weiyin who decided to gracefully exit the scene.

As she passed by Luo Jinxiao, she discreetly hooked her finger around her waistband, pulling her forward, and Luo Jinxiao stumbled along behind her, trying to keep up.

Once they were finally out of sight of everyone, Qu Weiyin released her hold and produced the bag from her sleeve, tossing it to Luo Jinxiao. Her brows were knitted in frustration. “Here.”

“Next time, don’t mention such things in front of so many people,” Qu Weiyin admonished.

Luo Jinxiao caught the bag, grinning broadly. “What kind of thing are you talking about?”

For the first time, Qu Weiyin found herself at a loss for words, her lips parted slightly in surprise. Finally, she shot Luo Jinxiao an annoyed glare.

“And how did you end up in my bed yesterday?” Qu Weiyin continued.

She had woken that morning to find Luo Jinxiao’s bag lying beside her and had been greatly startled.

“Uh, well…” Luo Jinxiao rubbed the back of her head sheepishly. “I didn't do anything.”

“Of course I know you didn’t do anything; otherwise, I wouldn't have let you stay until now,” Qu Weiyin said, pursing her lips and glaring at her before turning to walk back.

“Master!” a bright voice called out. A young girl came running from around the corner, dressed in the pale blue robes of a new disciple at Wuhui Sect. She had a charmingly youthful face, lively eyes, and long lashes. Her smile revealed a perfect row of pearly teeth, radiating brightness as she spoke.

She rushed to Qu Weiyin’s side, excitement sparkling in her eyes. “Master, you’re back! I was called by Elder He to help out today and just got back. I’ve missed you so much while you were away!”

Luo Jinxiao tightened her grip on the bag, a mixture of emotions bubbling inside her.

Luo Jinxiao sized up the young girl from head to toe; she was indeed quite cute and lively, instantly likable—perhaps even more so than herself. But she was a bit shorter, and Master Uncle likely preferred taller girls.

“Hmm,” Qu Weiyin nodded slightly, her expression softening.

It seemed this girl even had a sweeter mouth than herself, and that was something Luo Jinxiao couldn’t tolerate.

The girl then noticed the aura of hostility emanating from Luo Jinxiao, and her neck shrank back a bit. She blinked her big eyes at Qu Weiyin, asking, “Master, who is this?”

Luo Jinxiao blinked back at Qu Weiyin.

“Luo Sister,” Qu Weiyin replied.

“Hello, Luo Sister!” the girl chirped, her voice bright and sweet.

Luo Jinxiao managed a stiff greeting that conveyed none of her feelings.

“Luo Sister, I have something to discuss with Master, so I won’t disturb you any longer.” The girl’s eyes turned into crescent shapes as she waved to Luo Jinxiao and then walked away with Qu Weiyin, one tall and one short.