Chapter 93: Little Luo 3.0

In the height of summer, the air was hot and sticky, the sky clear and blue without a single cloud. The grass and trees drooped under the relentless sun, seeking to escape the scorching heat.

Two girls in white clothing walked along a winding path. They seemed unbothered by the sun but remained vigilant, as if wary of what might suddenly leap from the bushes.

The shorter one carried a bundle in one hand while tightly gripping a sword in the other. The other girl wore flashier attire, a vibrant peacock perched on her shoulder, and she swung a long whip in her hand, leading the way.

“The sunlight is so blinding today; there shouldn’t be any demons out, right?” Lu Fanzhi remarked, glancing around nervously.

Yan Ying was about to respond when a swirl of black mist darted past. The bushes parted to reveal a narrow path, and Yan Ying skillfully swung her whip, sending a shining lash that sliced a demon seed in half.

Seeing this, Lu Fanzhi breathed a sigh of relief, patting her chest in complaint. “There seem to be more and more demon creatures lingering around the foot of the mountain lately. They wouldn’t dare to attack the Wuhui Sect again, would they?”

“Shut your crow’s mouth,” Yan Ying replied testily. “If they come again, we’ll all be in trouble. Qu... she has become the demon lord, and who knows where Luo Jinxiao has gone. The spiritual energy in the mountains has been dwindling as well; if they come again, we might not be able to hold them off.”

At Yan Ying's words, Lu Fanzhi sighed deeply. She hugged her bag of spiritual stones tightly, thinking how hard it had been to gather them and how she intended to return to share them with the disciples for their cultivation. She couldn’t afford to lose them.

“Watch out!” Yan Ying suddenly shouted. She darted forward, pushing Lu Fanzhi out of the way. Her whip coiled several times before striking out, pushing back a few demon creatures that had approached silently.

Lu Fanzhi’s cultivation level was not as high as Yan Ying’s, and though she held a sword, she could only help from the sidelines, trying her best to assist.

With a flourish, Yan Ying waved her whip, creating a swirling barrier around herself. Then, she posed with her hands shaped like lotus flowers, and suddenly, golden lotuses rained down from the sky, crashing to the ground with explosive bursts like firecrackers. The surrounding demons instantly dissipated into puffs of black smoke.

“Wow, Step-by-Step Lotus! To what level have you trained your skill?” Lu Fanzhi exclaimed, her mouth agape in awe.

“Sixth level. I just advanced a rank yesterday. How about that?” Yan Ying beamed with pride.

“Impressive! But your whip is on fire,” Lu Fanzhi pointed out, looking at the smoking weapon in Yan Ying's hand.

Yan Ying looked down and immediately cursed, extinguishing the fire. Just then, more demons surged from all directions, surrounding them.

“Is this ever going to end?” Yan Ying fumed, gripping her still-smoking whip to continue the fight.

At that moment, a graceful young man descended from the clouds, dispersing the demons as he landed. His voice was gentle as he said urgently, “The elder sent me to fetch you; let’s go!”

“Master!” Lu Fanzhi felt a wave of relief wash over her and happily rushed over with her bag of spiritual stones.

Yan Ying, on the other hand, struck down a demon with her whip, stuck out her tongue, and rolled her eyes.

With Gui Jiu present, dispersing the demons became much easier. The three of them quickly returned to the Wuhui Sect and stepped into the barrier, finally breathing a sigh of relief.