Chapter 112: If There's No Turning Back (Bonus: Parallel Universe)✨

A powerful fireball, filled with intense magical energy, hit Luo Jinxi directly. The Demon Lord, surrounded and under attack, fell before her, bloodied and as fragile as a candle in the wind. Yet, her eyes remained fierce and astoundingly beautiful. As Luo Jinxi's consciousness began to fade, she caught a glimpse of the Demon Lord reaching out and pulling her forcefully toward herself. Then, another heavy blow landed, and Luo Jinxi let out a muffled groan before losing consciousness.

When she awoke, it was pitch black, not a trace of light to be seen. Luo Jinxi groaned softly as she felt around for her wounds, wincing in pain. She wasn't dead, but where was she? Gritting her teeth, Luo Jinxi sat up, trying to harness her inner strength. She guided her spiritual energy through her meridians, slowly healing her battered body.

Her internal organs were in tatters, yet she was still alive-a miracle indeed. After an unknown length of time, Luo Jinxi finally managed to move. She looked up and saw what seemed like a natural underground cave opening, covered with lush greenery. It appeared to be sealed with a barrier, glowing faintly in the dark, preventing her aura from escaping.

"Who set up this barrier?" she wondered, glancing to her side. Suddenly, she gasped. A woman lay nearby, her features obscured by the darkness. Her clothes were torn, revealing a slender arm. Was it the Demon Lord? Alarmed, Luo Jinxi's heart raced, but the Demon Lord lay motionless, her fate uncertain.

After a moment of hesitation, Luo Jinxi decided it was best to prioritize her own safety and attempted to leave. Unbeknownst to her, the woman suddenly opened her eyes, her fiery phoenix-like gaze flickering with a cold light.

A sudden rush of wind swept over her, and although Luo Jinxi instinctively tried to dodge, icy fingers clamped around her throat, rendering her immobile. In the darkness, she was so close to the woman that she could faintly detect a sweet floral scent, though there was no time to dwell on it. Her mind was consumed with dread.

"Don't move," the Demon Lord commanded, her voice as cold as her expression, sending shivers down Luo Jinxi's spine. Luo Jinxi instinctively raised her hands in surrender. It wasn't cowardice; everyone feared Qu Weiyin, the infamous demoness known for her ruthlessness and decisiveness, who had claimed countless lives.

At that moment, the legendary Crescent Star Sword glowed red, pressed against Luo Jinxi's abdomen, threatening to cleave her in two with the slightest pressure. "Stay silent, don't even think of escaping, or I'll kill you!" Qu Weiyin added, her hand exerting a force that brought Luo Jinxi to her knees.

"Okay, okay, I won't move," Luo Jinxi promised, clutching her head. Dying in an explosion seemed more dignified, but being sliced in half was far too gruesome, she mused. Seeing that Luo Jinxi had no intention of resisting, Qu Weiyin released her grip and collapsed onto the ground, seemingly struggling to endure her pain with labored breaths.

There was a tearing sound as Qu Weiyin ripped her clothes, using her dwindling magic to staunch the bleeding. The metallic scent of blood filled the cramped cave, making Luo Jinxi lightheaded. She realized that Qu Weiyin's injuries were no less severe than her own.

Should she attempt to fight back? She might have a chance to survive. As Luo Jinxi raised her eyes, she noticed the cave illuminated by a red glow. Qu Weiyin was tearing her clothing to reveal a long, deep wound on her chest, a cut so severe that it exposed bone. It seemed to have been inflicted by a divine weapon and was bleeding uncontrollably.

Growing impatient, Qu Weiyin tied the shredded cloth around her shoulder tightly, the scent of blood intensifying. She gritted her teeth, sweat dripping from her defined jawline. "Forget it," Luo Jinxi thought. "Even now, she's too formidable for me to handle." She lowered her head again.