Chapter 14: Bathing

"Qu Wei Yin smiled and picked up a bun, offering it to the Qiongqi with a gentle gesture.

The Qiongqi continued to ignore her, absorbed in grooming himself. Qu Wei Yin's smile turned to a scowl as she sternly commanded, "Eat it!

Startled, the Qiongqi let out a howl and ran with all its might. Its legs flailed as it tried to climb onto the bed, almost crushing Luo Jinxiang against the wall.

Struck by this force, Luo Jinxiang nearly coughed up blood. She stumbled and fell off the bed, clutching her chest and saying, "Witch... I mean, Senior Apprentice, it's a Qiongqi, not a dog. It eats raw meat."

Qu Wei Yin looked at the buns in her hand, then at the Qiongqi, and with an "Oh," she turned and left the room.

Before she left, she tossed the basket of buns to Luo Jinxiang, "You can have them.

As the door slammed shut, Luo Jinxiang sat with the basket of buns, feeling a sense of desperation and helplessness.

She reached out and touched the Qiongqi's fur, feeling too weak to even push back her disheveled hair. Forbidden techniques were definitely not to be used carelessly; it was fortunate that she hadn't lost her life. And to think that she could summon an ancient wild beast with her mediocre talents - it all felt like a dream. She poked the Qiongqi once more and then sank into a chair to catch her breath.

It was said that ancient wild beasts were almost extinct; they hadn't been seen for centuries. The one Qu Wei Yin had was said to have been taken from the far reaches of Donghu, and judging from the fur and the slanting red eyes, it seemed to be the same one.

Luo Jinxiang frowned, finding it hard to believe that it was all just a coincidence.

After not bathing for several days, she felt uncomfortable and sticky. She was about to leave the room when she suddenly remembered that she was in Qu Wei Yin's room and couldn't use her own sword. How could she leave?

But as she thought about it, she noticed a large wooden tub filled with hot water in the next room, and a set of clean clothes, presumably Qu Wei Yin's, laid out. Some flower petals were sprinkled into the water, emitting a pleasant scent that was identical to Qu Wei Yin's scent. Luo Jinxiang felt a slight warmth in her cheeks, whether it was from the steam or her still weak body, she didn't know.

Obviously, the witch had been very thorough in her preparations.

She took off her outer clothes and slowly slid into the hot water, the petals swirling and converging with each ripple, enveloping her in warmth. Even her joints instantly relaxed, and Luo Jinxiang let out a contented sigh as she leaned back against the tub.

It seemed she couldn't resist the comfort of the hot water and stayed a little longer than planned. After a while, she lazily grabbed a nearby towel to wrap herself up and stood up.

Coincidentally, the door opened at that moment and Qu Wei Yin walked in, holding a sword in her right hand and a large piece of fresh beef hanging from it.

The two of them shared a distant look, frozen in place. Suddenly, Luo Jinxiang felt a chill and raised the towel to offer a friendly smile. However, she saw Qu Wei Yin press her lips together tightly and quickly retreat out of the door, slamming it shut in one swift motion.

Blinking, Luo Jinxiang didn't understand Qu Wei Yin's intentions and continued to get dressed, ignoring the encounter.

Outside the room, Qu Wei Yin couldn't get the scene out of her mind. She snorted and mocked herself for feeling embarrassed when she saw a young girl taking a bath.

The girl's physique was different from hers - her limbs were long and thin, her shoulders were sloping, and her face was steamed to a bright shine by the mist. Her eyes were moist and her lips were bright red, exuding a dazzling and charming allure.