Chapter 54: The Conspiracy Unfolds

Luo Jinxiao never expected Yan Ying to say this. Her expression immediately turned cold. “What do you mean by that?”

“I’m being coerced and can only say this much,” Yan Ying hurriedly explained before trying to leave. Luo Jinxiao blocked her path, turning her body and spreading her arms wide.

“Explain what’s going on—who is scheming? I can’t just convey a vague statement to Master Uncle,” Luo Jinxiao insisted, her tone firm.

A flicker of fear crossed Yan Ying's eyes as she looked down, falling silent.

“Is it Qu Chengzhou?” When Luo Jinxiao saw she wouldn't answer, she made a guess on her own.

Yan Ying remained quiet, tacitly confirming it.

A surge of anger flared in Luo Jinxiao's heart. How dare he? Qu Chengzhou had been relentlessly pursuing Qu Weiyin—his intentions were clearly malicious.

“Don’t ask any further; I have my own difficulties,” Yan Ying said with an impatient look, pushing Luo Jinxiao aside and striding away, her figure quickly disappearing. A piece of paper floated from her sleeve and fell to the ground.

Rubbing her sore shoulder where she had been pushed, Luo Jinxiao stepped forward to pick up the paper. She saw delicate sketches etched onto it, depicting various figures in bizarre poses.

The drawings seemed to portray a range of people—from the elderly to children. The one thing unifying them was the expression of sheer anguish on their faces, as if their very souls were being forcibly wrenched from them, a piercing pain reflected in their features.

Just looking at these sketches sent a chill down Luo Jinxiao’s spine. Suddenly, she remembered something; disregarding Luo Ning’s worried calls from behind her, she took off toward the library.

“Sister! It’s dangerous out there!” Luo Ning darted out of the room, her skirt lifted as she ran to catch up with Luo Jinxiao, who did not respond.

Luo Jinxiao distinctly recalled having seen a similar drawing in the library. However, she hadn’t examined it closely at the time, so she couldn’t remember exactly what it was.

A theory began forming in her mind, but she needed confirmation.

She quickly flipped through the ancient texts until she found the tome filled with long-lost sinister arts. There, prominently featured, was a drawing identical to the one on the paper, with ancient characters inscribed above stating: **Ming Formation Diagram**.

“Ming Formation Diagram?” Luo Jinxiao read the words aloud. Just then, she heard footsteps behind her. Startled, she quickly stood up, her sword at the ready.

“Luo Ning?” Luo Jinxiao exclaimed, lowering her weapon as she took in her sister’s presence. “What are you doing here? You should go back—it's dangerous outside!”

“I—I was worried about you,” Luo Ning mumbled, nervously fiddling with the hem of her clothes. “I saw Yan Ying speaking to you, and when I saw you run off, I thought it would be better if I came along. Two of us are safer than one!”

Luo Jinxiao gave her a gentle pat on the head, feeling a mix of helplessness and tenderness. As she glanced back at the ancient text, her mind began to churn with thoughts.

Yan Ying had purposely warned her about Qu Chengzhou's intentions toward Qu Weiyin and then given her this paper. Was she subtly hinting that Qu Chengzhou was practicing the Ming Formation Diagram?

The text mentioned that the Ming Formation was a sinister one, necessitating human sacrifices. Could it be that the recent disappearances in No Regrets Sect were the work of Qu Chengzhou?