Chapter 39: Murmur

"Understood," Luo Jin Xiao nodded hastily and prepared to leave the mountain. However, Elder Liu grabbed her collar and pulled her back.

"Don't act rashly. The Qu family is an ancient and powerful clan with many experts. Without proper manners, you won't even be allowed to enter their main gates," Elder Liu scolded. He pulled a handwritten letter out of his sleeve and handed it to Luo Jin Xiao. "Take this and tell them that you are here to fetch something on my behalf. Once they read this, they will let you in."

"Remember, when you find the girl, you are only allowed to persuade her. Do not cause any trouble. I won't clean up after you," Elder Liu's expression became serious and stern.

"I understand, thank you, Master," Luo Jin Xiao quickly took the letter. As soon as she finished speaking, she quickly disappeared.

Elder Liu stood in place, gazing into the distance with folded hands, shaking his head involuntarily.

Luo Jin Xiao held the letter and quickly flew on her sword. The Qu family was located in the city of Wuzhong, behind several mountain ranges. Wuzhong was located in the middle of mountains and plains and covered a large area. It was an incredibly wealthy city, and many immortal cultivation families lived there because of its proximity to the Unforgiven Gate.

When she entered Wuzhong, she felt as if she had stepped out of the peach garden into the mortal world. The bustling city was filled with people, and the numerous red brick and tile houses exuded an aura of prosperity. Amidst the bustling crowds, there were occasional vendors selling spiritual swords and beasts.

At that time, Wuzhong was drastically different from what it would be two thousand years later. The streets were like a labyrinth, twisting and turning. After asking many people for directions, Luo Jin Xiao finally found her way to the Qu family.

The Qu family truly lived up to its size and prestige. From a distance, Luo Jin Xiao could see their high-hanging signboard, which showed no signs of aging despite being exposed to sun and rain. The red-painted door loomed imposingly, inspiring awe in those who approached.

Luo Jin Xiao took a few steps forward and knocked on the door.

Soon, the door opened and a young man stood at the entrance. Upon seeing Luo Jin Xiao, he politely inquired, "May I ask who you are looking for?"

Luo Jin Xiao feigned indifference and pulled out the handwritten letter and handed it to him. "Elder Liu of the Unregrettable Gate sent me."

The man looked at the handwriting on the letter and kindly said, "Follow me.

Luo Jin Xiao followed him in. As soon as her front foot stepped in, the door thundered shut behind her, leaving a shadowy silence in its wake. As Luo Jin Xiao turned to look back, the massive door handles resembled the gaping mouths of abysses, gradually drawing closer.

The atmosphere here was indeed oppressive. Luo Jin Xiao suppressed her emotions and followed inside.

After passing through three gates, she entered a courtyard where various spiritual herbs were growing, creating a rich spiritual aura. There was also an area filled with weapons, probably for the younger generation to practice. However, at that moment, there was an eerie silence, and everyone seemed to be absent.

"Why is it so quiet today?" Luo Jin Xiao casually asked, seemingly indifferent.

The man glanced at Luo Jin Xiao and replied, "Due to recent important matters within the Qu family, they are not here. After you get what you came for, I will escort you out."

Observing the man's tight-lipped demeanor, Luo Jin Xiao silently acknowledged the family's reputation.

"Please wait outside the door, Miss," the man said, nodding slightly as he walked towards a side room.