Chapter 5: The Bath House? ✨

“What, what?”

Everyone was stunned, including Luo Jinxiao herself.

The Wuhui Sect only allowed exceptionally talented disciples to enter, and although she had inexplicably developed a celestial vein in this life, her spiritual energy was weak. By all rational standards, she shouldn’t even be able to step into the Wuhui Sect.

The man was just about to speak when Luo Jinxiao coughed lightly, forcibly suppressing her discomfort. Ignoring him, she walked directly to the door, reaching for the notice and asking, “Is this really news from the Wuhui Sect?”

“Yes, Miss. It was just delivered by a disciple from the Wuhui Sect,” he replied.

Luo Jinxiao felt no emotional upheaval; instead, she sensed that something was amiss. She quickly tore open the envelope. Inside lay a beautifully written note with flowing characters, filled with formalities. The signature was accompanied by Qu Chengzhou’s seal.

So it really was Qu Chengzhou. What exactly was he planning?

In two days, at the foot of Wuhui Mountain.

Luo Jinxiao slung a large travel bag over her shoulder and sat heavily on a stone by the roadside, drenched in sweat.

Panting, she looked up at the towering Wuhui Mountain, once again feeling that having a celestial vein was truly a wonderful thing. In her previous life, she had ridden on the back of a nine-tailed mystical bird to the mountain, garnering the envy of countless disciples.

In this life, she was left to climb it with her own two legs.

Initially, she had not reacted too strongly to the absence of a celestial vein. The hardships of her previous life had been too profound. Born with an exceptionally strong celestial vein, she had been forced to bear the fate of the entire Luo family, thrown into harsh conditions since she was just a child.

Even now, she could vividly recall the days spent crying amidst terrifying and menacing apparitions.

During those relentless nights of cultivation, her greatest desire had been to be born into an ordinary family, running and jumping joyfully like any other child.

Yet, as she looked at her parents in this life, she found that the longing for love had once again been pushed to the back of her mind.

Perhaps it was simply not in her fate.

At that moment, a bird's call broke her train of thought. The fierce wind whipped her dark hair around, and Luo Jinxiao quickly leaned back to dodge the sharp talons of a large bird, narrowly avoiding injury to her face.

“Hey, isn’t that the waste from the Luo family? What’s she doing here?” A trio of youths stood on the back of the bird; among them were a boy and a girl—the very same who had barged into her room that day—Luo Mei and Luo Chu.

The one who questioned was also a girl, dressed in fabric that sparkled in the sunlight, indicating its great value. She was exceptionally beautiful, with upward-slanting brows and eyes that made her stand out alongside the equally beautiful Luo Mei, easily overshadowing her.

“Who knows what tricks she’s pulled to get into the Wuhui Sect?” Luo Mei spat, her expression filled with disgust as she glared at Luo Jinxiao.

“A waste is still a waste. Just look at her. I guarantee she’ll be crying home in a couple of days,” the girl laughed mockingly, waving her hand. The large bird took flight, and soon the shadows of the trio became a small dot in the sky.

“Phhht!” Luo Jinxiao was enveloped in a cloud of dust. Spitting out a mouthful, she clenched her fists tightly when she looked up again.

Although her previous life had been filled with hardship, no one had dared to humiliate her like that.