Chapter 99: Look Quickly!

Upon hearing this, Luo Jinxiao dropped her teasing demeanor and sat on the bed with worry.

“What kind of dream?” she asked.

“Just some images—of past lives, this life, and me covered in blood, surrounded by corpses,” Qu Weiyin said softly as she reached out to grab the corner of Luo Jinxiao's clothing.

Luo Jinxiao allowed her to hold on as she lay down beside her, the two gazing into each other's eyes.

“It’s okay, I'm here with you,” Luo Jinxiao said, taking her hand and offering a bright smile.

Qu Weiyin felt a sense of reassurance wash over her. Suddenly, she stretched her neck and gave a quick kiss to Luo Jinxiao’s lips, akin to a dragonfly skimming the water.

“Do you think I seem very weak right now?” she asked quietly.

Luo Jinxiao shook her head vigorously, replying earnestly, “You are the strongest person I’ve ever met and also the best.”

Who else could bear so much like Qu Weiyin? Enduring a turbulent fate, abandoned by the world and regarded as an enemy, yet still maintaining kindness.

If it were Luo Jinxiao herself, though she was a deity, she doubted she could manage.

She wasn't wise or magnanimous; perhaps she was even a bit obsessed.

“Next time you need to contest with someone, you just sit back and relax. I’ll kill those you want dead. I’ll take the blood you want spilled.”

“I don’t care about the righteous path or the demonic path; anyone who harms you will be my lifelong enemy.”

Qu Weiyin was touched, unable to suppress her laughter. “So will there be two demon lords in this world then?”

Luo Jinxiao grinned widely.

By the dim light of the small lamp, Qu Weiyin delicately traced Luo Jinxiao's features.

After a moment, she asked quietly, “Can you change back?”

Luo Jinxiao paused for a moment, realizing she had been using someone else's face all along.

A flash of white light revealed her familiar dark eyes, and her flowing black hair framed her face, exuding a clear and cold demeanor. Qu Weiyin looked at her and felt a wave of comfort, stretching her arms to embrace Luo Jinxiao.

With the graceful figure lying next to her, it was hard for Luo Jinxiao to claim that her heart wasn't stirred; there were definitely some complicated feelings at play.

Yet, even with all the tumultuous emotions churning within her, Luo Jinxiao remained stiff as a board, growing increasingly rigid.

The floral scent from Qu Weiyin seemed to swirl rapidly around her nose, trying to draw her attention.

“Why are you clenching your fists?” Qu Weiyin suddenly asked, gently holding Luo Jinxiao's clenched hand and smoothing it out.

“N-nothing,” Luo Jinxiao stammered.

God knows her mind had turned into a complete muddle.

Qu Weiyin let out a soft laugh, propping herself up, her hair cascading over her shoulders and obscuring her fair skin.

“Look up,” she instructed.

Luo Jinxiao instinctively complied, and just like that, Qu Weiyin’s sweet lips glided from the tip of her nose down to her mouth, reminiscent of the sweetest flowers of summer, glistening with droplets of nectar.