Chapter 4: Threat ✨

The people present looked at her in astonishment.

"Are the elders not going to act?" Qu Weiyin asked, supporting Luo Jinxiao with one hand on her lower back. She took a step back, distancing herself from Luo Jinxiao, and raised her eyes to scrutinize the group in front of her.

"Oh, right." Elder He slapped his forehead, quickly stepping forward and raising two fingers in front of his eyes.

A thin strand of light spread from his fingertips, twisting delicately as it touched Luo Jinxiao's temples.

Luo Jinxiao could barely hear what they were saying; her ears buzzed as if thousands of bees were swarming around her. She gritted her teeth, forcing herself to remain still, fearful of drawing suspicion.

"Um..." After what felt like an eternity, Elder He finally withdrew his spiritual energy and turned to Qu Chengzhou, his eyes wide with astonishment.

Seeing his expression, Qu Chengzhou furrowed his brows and decided to try it for himself, his reaction even more pronounced than Elder He's.

He lowered his hand, gazing at Luo Jinxiao, his emotions a tangled mix—disappointment intertwined with fervent enthusiasm.

"When did she develop the celestial vein? Although the spiritual energy is incredibly weak, it is, after all, the vein of ice," Elder He whispered in Qu Chengzhou's ear.

Qu Chengzhou nodded, but as he glanced at Qu Weiyin, her icy gaze sent him retreating.

"Very well, since it is so, let it be as you wish," Qu Chengzhou suddenly declared, his eyes once again deeply examining Luo Jinxiao, as though he were looking at prey. With that, he flicked his sleeve and strode out decisively.

Qu Chengzhou compromised so easily that his followers were left puzzled. After exchanging confused glances, they hurriedly followed him out, leaving only Luo Jinxiao and Qu Weiyin in the room.

"Hey, I'm going to let go now," Qu Weiyin said hastily, looking at Luo Jinxiao with displeasure.

"It's troublesome; help me over to the bed," Luo Jinxiao gritted her teeth and murmured vaguely.

At that moment, her body felt like a storm was raging within, as if two streams of spiritual energy were locked in a fierce battle, threatening to annihilate each other in a devastating clash.

"I... help you?" Qu Weiyin frowned.

Forget it; the female demoness would never stoop to help her. Luo Jinxiao shook her head and attempted to shuffle unsteadily toward the interior of the room. But just a few steps in, her legs gave way, and she nearly collapsed to her knees.

At that moment, the same hand that had previously grabbed her arm caught her again from behind. Turning around, she met Qu Weiyin's disdainful expression, as if she were holding something foul.

"Stop dawdling," Qu Weiyin said coldly, her brows almost knitting together in frustration.

Luo Jinxiao laughed softly, thinking that she didn’t seem so terrifying after all.

Once she finally made it to the bed, she settled down and sat cross-legged, attempting to channel the spiritual energy within her. The minuscule energy responded to her control, gradually shifting and slowly pushing back the intruding forces bit by bit.

As the pain diminished, she seized the opportunity to reflect on her current situation. It felt as if she had suddenly acquired a celestial vein, one that was entirely different from her original vein.

Did this body originally possess it, or had her arrival awakened it?

Having a celestial vein was certainly a boon, but unfortunately, this vein was far too weak and unworthy. She needed to find a way to strengthen it, at least to restore her original state quickly. Otherwise, in this world, she would remain at the mercy of others.