Chapter 59: A Gentle Kiss

Luo Jinxiao's mind buzzed, completely taken aback. She instinctively searched through her surroundings but found no handkerchief to offer.

Finally, in a bold move, she reached out and gently brushed away Qu Weiyin's tears with her fingers, wiping away the moisture.

“Master Uncle…” Luo Jinxiao said softly, feeling a piercing pain in her heart. She wanted to comfort Qu Weiyin but didn’t know how.

With just this one promise, she had managed to make the perpetually cold Qu Weiyin put away her defenses and melt like ice under the warmth of spring.

Qu Weiyin raised her gaze, her eyes glistening with moisture as they locked onto Luo Jinxiao's. There seemed to be unending words she wished to say, but they ultimately transformed into a sigh.

Then, unexpectedly, she stepped forward, opened her arms, and enveloped Luo Jinxiao in a hug. The touch of her soft arms wrapped around Luo Jinxiao's shoulders caused her to tense up immediately.

Qu Weiyin tilted her head slightly, resting her chin on Luo Jinxiao's shoulder. The warmth of her breath brushed against Luo Jinxiao's ear, causing goosebumps to rise all over her body.

This was the first time Qu Weiyin had taken the initiative to embrace someone.

However, before Luo Jinxiao could raise her stiff arms in return, Qu Weiyin released her. She coughed lightly and lowered her head, masking the emotions swirling in her eyes. That brief embrace left her dizzy, and the sweet fragrance emanating from the girl made her want to hold her even tighter.

Only in this girl could she feel the enduring love that had vanished from her life for a thousand years.

She even found herself wishing to abandon everything and stay by her side, content with just watching her every day.

But ultimately, she couldn’t.

Luo Jinxiao wasn't faring much better either; her body remained tense, and everywhere she had touched Qu Weiyin still retained the sensation of soft clouds. It was coupled with the lingering echoes of thunder and lightning.

At that moment, Qu Weiyin seemed to emit a captivating charm in Luo Jinxiao's eyes. Her reddened eyes, lowered lashes, and glistening lips stirred a fluttering feeling in Luo Jinxiao's heart.

Luo Jinxiao found herself dazed, wondering what was happening to her.

“You should go back,” she suggested, but quickly backtracked. “Never mind; given the chaos in No Regrets Sect, you'd likely find no peace if you left.”

“Stay here and rest for now,” Qu Weiyin said, gently pushing her down onto the bed.

“But I’m not tired! Master Uncle, if there’s something you need to do, I can help you,” Luo Jinxiao protested, attempting to rise but finding Qu Weiyin’s hand firmly pressing down on her shoulder, immobilizing her.

“Be obedient,” Qu Weiyin said, each word firm and resolute.

Under Qu Weiyin's reproachful gaze, Luo Jinxiao couldn’t help but relent, relaxing her body and lying back on the bed.

The jade pillow beneath her head seemed to possess a kind of magic, releasing a comforting fragrance. Before long, Luo Jinxiao began to feel drowsy, and in her hazy state, she thought she saw Qu Weiyin leaning down.

Delicate fingers brushed against her cheek, their touch reminiscent of a gentle spring breeze—so tender that it felt unlike Qu Weiyin.

A sense of foreboding stirred in Luo Jinxiao's subconscious. She wanted to awaken, but her consciousness felt like it was slipping beyond her control. Her vision grew foggy, and her mind trembled with disorientation.