Chapter 38: Family Law

In the quiet wilderness, a gentle breeze swept across the ground without moving a single blade of grass. After an unknown amount of time, Luo Jin Xiao coughed softly and slowly regained consciousness.

When she opened her eyes, all she could see was the gray sky. Taking a deep breath, she endured the discomfort in her entire body and slowly stood up.

She noticed that the three young members of the Gate of Life and Death were scattered around her, all unconscious. One of them was in a particularly tragic state, with blood gushing from seven orifices, very vivid and noticeable. Chi Yi was lying on the other side with her back to Luo Jin Xiao, making it impossible to tell if she was alive or dead.

Luo Jin Xiao's head still felt heavy and cloudy. She stood up and staggered over to Chi Yi's side. She turned her over and gently checked her breathing with her fingertips, feeling a slight relief when she found out that she was still alive.

She vaguely remembered that before she lost consciousness, Qu Wei Yin seemed to have appeared. Now, however, everything felt like a dream, except for the lingering scent of flowers on her sleeves, which reminded her that it wasn't just a dream.

"Little Sweetie?" she called out, her throat feeling uncomfortable and rough.

No one answered.

Her thoughts gradually became clear, absurd yet real. Could it be that Qu Wei Yin had truly transformed into a Qiongqi, always guarding her by her side? No wonder today's Qiongqi was behaving so strangely.

Luo Jin Xiao shook her head, feeling a whirlwind of emotions. She was both moved to tears and flushed with embarrassment. Was she really kissing her young martial uncle?

Luo Jin Xiao hastily rubbed her cheeks and couldn't help but sink back into contemplation. Had Qu Wei Yin been following her all this time to protect her?

At that moment, Chi Yi, who was lying down, suddenly coughed and opened her eyes, interrupting Luo Jin Xiao's thoughts. Luo Jin Xiao quickly got on his knees and helped her up.

Chi Yi wiped her face with a dirty sleeve, looked around, and shouted, "Did you kill her?"

Luo Jin Xiao shook her head at the question, not knowing how to answer. Fearful thoughts arose in her mind, so she quietly approached the others and used her spiritual energy to check their conditions.

The person bleeding from seven orifices had more serious injuries, but there was still a flicker of life. The other two had milder injuries, but it seemed like they would also be incapacitated once they woke up.

For Qu Wei Yin, this was definitely mercy. Luo Jin Xiao felt a hint of joy in her heart when she realized that Qu Wei Yin could hear her words.

She didn't want Qu Wei Yin to kill again.

池意 hobbled over and viciously kicked the fallen figures. Then she said, "What do we do now? You've destroyed the third challenge. How will you enter the fourth challenge?"

"I don't know," Luo Jin Xiao sighed. She suddenly had a moment of inspiration. She crouched down and searched the three people, and indeed, she found an unopened letter in one of their pockets.

She exchanged a look with Chi Yi and they both smiled. They opened the letter only to find it blank. At that moment, a stone door suddenly opened in front of them, emitting a blinding white light that illuminated the dark wilderness.

"We..." Luo Jin Xiao started, but Chi Yi interrupted her.

"Luo Xiaoxian, the fourth challenge is a duel. With my current condition, I'm no match for you, so I won't challenge you. Now it's just you. Go in, get the elixir, and then we can all leave," Chi Yi said with a smile.