Chapter 67: Jealousy

Qu Weiyin pulled her hand out of Luo Jinxiao’s grasp and asked in a low voice, “How did you find your way here?”

“I inquired at Wuhui Sect and learned you were here,” Luo Jinxiao replied with a beaming smile. Just looking at Qu Weiyin standing before her made her heart soar, and no matter what, she couldn’t hide the joy radiating from her face.

“Master Uncle, let’s find a place to sit down. I have so much to tell you. These years, I’ve almost gone mad thinking about you,” Luo Jinxiao said, taking Qu Weiyin's hand and striding toward the teahouse.

As Qu Weiyin was pulled along, she stole glances at Luo Jinxiao’s back and then at the hand being held. Rejection was impossible to utter, so she turned her gaze elsewhere to conceal the redness creeping onto her cheeks.

The teahouse Luo Jinxiao chose was the same one Wuhui Sect had visited before. It was now quiet and empty. Luo Jinxiao ordered a pot of nice tea from the owner and promptly seated Qu Weiyin at a table, eagerly pouring tea into her cup.

With a cheerful smile, she fixed her gaze on Qu Weiyin.

Qu Weiyin felt uncomfortable under her unwavering attention and reached out to cover Luo Jinxiao’s eyes, exclaiming in irritation, “Aren’t you supposed to be talking? Why are you just staring at me?”

Luo Jinxiao tilted her head away but did not break her gaze. Her dark eyes were profound, and in them, the long shadow of her lashes was reflected.

“I just want to see my Master Uncle more,” Luo Jinxiao replied, her tone suddenly serious and gentle.

Qu Weiyin’s eyes widened, and then she lowered her head to sip from the clear green tea in her cup, almost choking on it.

Ever since she had seen Luo Jinxiao, her heart had been unable to settle, beating wildly in her chest.

How could it be that after five years, everything about Luo Jinxiao seemed different? Even her gaze carried an inexplicable warmth.

Maybe it was simply that she had grown up, Qu Weiyin told herself as a means of consolation.

Luo Jinxiao recounted all her experiences on South Dipper Peak, even enthusiastically describing to Qu Weiyin the little ice figurines she had carved, emphasizing how lifelike they were.

“However, I didn’t bring them down with me, fearing they’d melt,” she said, her lips forming a thin line of regret.

After listening to her, Qu Weiyin suddenly asked, “So, the Sect Master came down the mountain with you?”

“Yes, she’s been increasingly unwell, and I was worried about her staying alone in that cold, harsh place. I found a way to persuade her to come down. But the Sect Master made no grand announcement; she simply returned to the long-sealed Tianluo Pavilion, which has been deserted for a long time. So, no one should discover her presence there.”

“She also asked me to retrieve an item for her,” Luo Jinxiao revealed as she pulled out the silk cloth and placed it in front of Qu Weiyin.

Qu Weiyin examined it closely, observing the slightly hasty sketches on it, one of which depicted a sun, resembling a small-scale map.

“Luyang Prefecture,” Qu Weiyin said, her brow furrowing slightly.

Luo Jinxiao nodded and pointed to the map. “I noticed that the terrain closely resembles Luyang Prefecture, which is where my Master Uncle is currently. But upon arriving here, I have no idea what to do next. When I tried to inquire further, the Sect Master wouldn’t say a word and remained mysterious.” Luo Jinxiao shook her head as she spoke.