Chapter 43: Only You

What was she asking Luo Jin Xiao to do next? Her cheeks flushed red like fire, and she couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

"I just took a nap, and this is what I woke up to." Luo Jin Xiao grabbed Qu Wei Yin's hand and pulled her into the room, then escorted her to the edge of the bed.

The young girl was still sound asleep. Luo Jin Xiao grabbed a nearby blanket and, standing at a distance, threw it over the girl, then shook her shoulders and said, "Hey, wake up!"

Startled, the girl jumped up and crawled on all fours, looking around in a panic. When she spotted Luo Jin Xiao, she calmed down and knelt down at the edge of the bed, trying to throw herself into Luo Jin Xiao's arms.

"Hold on!" Pointing to her face, Luo Jin Xiao hid behind Qu Wei Yin, peering from behind her shoulder and carefully watching the girl.

The more Luo Jin watched Jin Xiao, the more familiar the girl's appearance and posture became.

Qu Wei Yin also realized that something was wrong and leaned over to see a tuft of yellow fur on the corner of the blanket. Intrigued, she grabbed the girl's head and felt for spiritual energy.

"It's the Qiong Qi," she said after a moment.

"The Qiong Qi? But it's still a young animal. How could it be in human form?" Luo Jin Xiao said, both shocked and relieved. She finally let out a sigh of relief, stepped out from behind Qu Wei Yin, and put her hand on her chest.

Qu Wei Yin fell silent, feeling embarrassed as she casually replied, "Perhaps, given her inherent status as a wild beast, transforming is a trivial matter for her, given her robust strength.

It was unusual for a fierce beast to transform into a human, as their beastly nature usually took precedence. However, the Qiong Qi had remained in its animal form for several years in her presence during its previous life. Qu Wei Yin thought that Luo Jin Xiao deserved the credit for nurturing the beast's human characteristics.

She took another look at the naked girl and felt a flush of heat rise in her face. Turning away, she instructed, "Turn her back."

The moment she opened the door, she felt a jolt in her mind and a sinking feeling in her heart. Upon reflection, she found her reactions both ridiculous and alarming.

It was ridiculous to entertain such thoughts, but alarming how strongly she had reacted. Fortunately, she had managed to hide her reaction; otherwise, it would have been truly embarrassing. Now, with a moment of calm, she realized how absurd her momentary thoughts had been.

Luo Jin Xiao observed Qu Wei Yin's calm demeanor and felt reassured. Angrily, she slapped the Qiong Qi's head and demanded, "Turn back now!

The Qiong Qi swayed his body, his wavy hair swaying with his movement, and remained silent for a while.

Looking desperate, it tried to snuggle up to Luo Jin Xiao. She stepped back and turned to seek Qu Wei Yin's help, "Young Martial Uncle, it seems like she can't turn back. What should we do?"

Qu Wei Yin furrowed her brow, crossed her arms, and coldly looked at the Qiong Qi. It seemed that she had mastered the transformation, but she could not return to her animal form.

Finally, Qu Wei Yin shook her head and said, "Let's find her some clothes.

Dressing Qiong Qi was quite tedious. She didn't want to be covered in layers of cloth, and often used her teeth to rip off any cloth that was put on her. After numerous attempts, it would even throw tantrums. Luo Jin Xiao was exhausted and drenched in sweat after struggling to dress the Qiong Qi in an undergarment.