Chapter 3: Refusal of the Engagement✨

Luo Jinxiao immediately felt a rush of heat flood her cheeks. She hastily took a few steps back, forcefully wiping away the fresh blood smeared on her lips, feeling indignation rising within her. Just as she thought, a demoness was still a demoness, completely disregarding propriety and shame.

Qu Weiyin looked at her startled expression and seemed to find it quite amusing, contentedly licking her lips.

Luo Jinxiao hurriedly moved away, fearing that once Qu Weiyin finished drinking her blood, she might turn against her.

Time passed slowly, and the room fell silent. For the moment, no one came, and Qu Weiyin did not say anything further. Instead, she began to sit cross-legged in meditation, a swirl of faint golden light circling around her, making Luo Jinxiao feel quite envious.

Amidst her envy, Luo Jinxiao tried to recite a spell to perform some kind of magic. However, her body still felt empty. Dejected, she lowered her head, wondering if she was truly destined to become a complete waste without a celestial vein for the rest of her life.

In a corner, she secretly searched for a copper mirror and gazed into it for quite some time. Indeed, the body she possessed now was exactly the same as in her previous life, with hardly any difference in appearance.

At the age of eighteen, she was tall and slender, her hair dark and cascading down from her forehead. Her features were well-defined, with gentle, refined eyes that appeared harmless, although her brows were slightly thick, giving her a somewhat heroic air when her expression was neutral.

This situation was quite absurd. She hadn’t had time to think about it earlier, but now, in the quiet, she stared at her reflection in the mirror, lost in thought.

How had she transformed into another person?

“Useless waste.”

Qu Weiyin's voice rang out once more, startling Luo Jinxiao. She quickly dashed forward a few steps and came to an abrupt stop in front of Qu Weiyin, putting on a guise of obedience.

If she wasn’t mistaken, it seemed a faint smile had briefly graced Qu Weiyin's lips.

“What did he offer you?” The smile faded instantly as Qu Weiyin's gaze turned cold, locking onto Luo Jinxiao.

Luo Jinxiao scratched her head; how was she supposed to know that?

“Forget it; I wouldn’t expect you to admit it anyway,” Qu Weiyin said, slowly extending her long legs, her bare feet touching the ground.

Her toes were delicately pale, soon covered by the hem of her skirt. The bright red fabric trailed behind her like a long tail. Her hair was still neatly tied up, adorned with golden flowers scattered throughout. As far as wedding attire went, it was somewhat simple, yet it did not diminish her elegance.

Realizing she had been staring, Luo Jinxiao quickly shifted her gaze away, feeling embarrassed.

“They are coming soon,” Qu Weiyin said, glancing toward the door, seemingly lost in thought.

Luo Jinxiao took a step back and sought refuge behind Qu Weiyin.

Sure enough, after a while, the sound of hurried footsteps approached, and then there was a knock on the door from outside.

"Come in," Qu Weiyin instructed.

In an instant, a group of people filed into the room, making it feel less like a woman's private chamber and more like a communal tea room accessible to everyone.

The one leading the group wore a gray long robe, his long beard reaching his waist, and his eyes were sharp, exuding the air of an elder. His gaze met Qu Weiyin's, and he frowned slightly.