Chapter 7: The Matter of the Spiritual Jade✨

Luo Jinxiao sucked in a breath, quickly closing her eyes to steady the sudden tension in her heart.

The surrounding noise instantly faded, leaving only the two of their hearts racing; it was unclear whether the rapid beating was from fright or the closeness between them.

After what felt like an eternity-long enough for Luo Jinxiao's legs to feel a bit numb-Qu Weiyin finally stepped back. She looked at Luo Jinxiao, her expression seemingly full of confusion.

"Junior Uncle, is it true that you cannot measure her? This has never happened before. I suspect there's something unusual about her; otherwise..."

"Foundation Establishment, Phase One," Qu Weiyin said淡淡地, her voice calm and steady

"What? But..." Cheng Siyu wanted to say more, but Qu Weiyin interrupted him.

"Don't you believe me?" Qu Weiyin spoke slowly, her beautiful phoenix eyes glancing toward Cheng Siyu. He quickly dropped his gaze, afraid to challenge her further.

"When our foreheads touch, the measurement will surely be more accurate," Qu Weiyin added, meaningfully redirecting her gaze back to Luo Jinxiao, looking her up and down as if assessing her.

At that moment, Luo Jinxiao was utterly confused. Judging by the demoness's expression, it seemed she was just as unclear about the situation.

Then why was she willing to lie to help her?

"Continue. I'll be watching," Qu Weiyin instructed Cheng Siyu, not sparing him a glance, before turning and striding confidently up to the platform.

Standing tall in the center, Qu Weiyin gazed down at the crowd, resembling a deity.

Watching her, Luo Jinxiao couldn't help but let out a wistful sigh in her heart.

"You've passed. Hurry up and leave," Cheng Siyu growled menacingly, roughly shoving Luo Jinxiao forward.

Luo Jinxiao stumbled slightly from the shove, rolling her eyes as she joined the others on the steps. The number of people waiting gradually increased, and some who had not passed the trials had to leave in disappointment.

The second trial was quite simple for Luo Jinxiao. It merely involved holding a Soul-Focusing Mirror to reflect upon each participant, assessing the strength of their will. Those whose determination wavered fainted or cried out, creating quite a spectacle in their panic.

Luo Jinxiao spotted the earlier confrontational girl among the participants. She had impressive abilities; despite appearing to suffer greatly when facing the Soul-Focusing Mirror, she managed to hold herself together and passed the trial without any overt display of weakness.

"Hey, what kind of magical tool is this? Why do they look so miserable?" Someone nudged Luo Jinxiao's shoulder from behind, whispering in curiosity.

Luo Jinxiao turned to see that the girl asking the question was slightly older than her, dressed in a bright yellow dress adorned with pearl-like patterns. She wore a string of agate bangles on her wrist that jingled softly whenever she moved.

"It's called the Soul-Focusing Mirror. Those who are reflected upon will see their greatest fears," Luo Jinxiao replied casually, as there wasn't much else to do.

"Ah, what should I do then?" The girl panicked, gripping Luo Jinxiao's hand tightly. Not used to such close contact, Luo Jinxiao instinctively pulled her hand away.

"The fears usually stem from past experiences. Just try to recall and be mindful," Luo Jinxiao said, maintaining her composure as she took a step back, increasing the distance between them.