Chapter 40: Consolation

"Young Martial Uncle, it's me," Luo Jin Xiao held her hand and felt the chill in her touch. She couldn't help but tighten her grip, hoping to warm her up.

Qu Wei Yin gasped a few times, fully regaining consciousness, and when she looked at Luo Jin Xiao's face, she froze, lost in thought.

After coughing, she hid her emotions and withdrew her hand, asking in a cold tone, "Why are you here?"

Luo Jin Xiao hesitated and stammered, "I came, I... I..."

"To convince me?" Qu Wei Yin's words had a sharp edge to them.

Luo Jin Xiao seemed to be choking as she struggled to find words. What did she know about her hardships? What right did she have to advise her?

The pressure of the dragon-bound whip weighed heavily on her heart, draining her strength. Half a moment had passed before she felt a sharp pain in her chest. She had no choice but to grab Qu Wei Yin's arm again and said earnestly, "Young Martial Uncle, we need to find a way out. If you continue like this, you'll just be waiting for Qu Chengzhou to get rid of you."

"The Dragonbound Whip isn't easy to escape. This matter has nothing to do with you. You should leave!" Qu Wei Yin pushed Luo Jin Xiao away, her eyes filled with anger.

"As for me, why has this gotten you into such trouble?" Qu Wei Yin's tone turned bitter as she spoke, almost through gritted teeth.

"I have my own business to take care of, everyone has their own destiny. Besides, you are not weak. It would be best if you distanced yourself from me in the future. That way, you can avoid inheriting my misfortune."

Luo Jin Xiao sensed a hint of guilt in her words and felt genuinely guilty. She hurriedly said, "I didn't want to hide my cultivation level. Elder Liu advised me to do so..."

"I'm not blaming you," Qu Wei Yin interrupted, cold and distant.

Even though she knew Qu Wei Yin's usual behavior, Luo Jin Xiao still felt a chill in her heart, as if something had frozen inside her.

She tightened her lips and pulled Qu Wei Yin closer with determination, covering her shoulder with her hand, forcing her own spiritual energy into Qu Wei Yin's body to protect her heart.

"Luo Jin Xiao!" Qu Wei Yin struggled, but she was already exhausted and powerless, unable to resist. She could only stare at Luo Jin Xiao.

"But you've saved me so many times. How could I watch and do nothing?" Luo Jin Xiao bit her lip, her eyes reddened, her tone soft but firm.

A deep silence fell around them. Qu Wei Yin seemed to be moved by her words as she looked into Luo Jin Xiao's tearful eyes, but remained silent.

She had rarely felt so helpless, and now it had reached its peak.

Outside the door, it felt like a separate world, cut off by the Dragonbound Whip. Unable to hear the noise outside, Luo Jin Xiao's hand that protected Qu Wei Yin's heart began to tremble. However, she was determined to endure it.

"Let go," Qu Wei Yin ordered.

Luo Jin Xiao shook her head and refused to let go, shielding Qu Wei Yin from the damage caused by the dragon-bound whip.

"You have your own reasons, Young Martial Uncle. But I cannot stand idly by," Luo Jin Xiao said as she moved closer and used her spiritual energy to create a barrier, "You have always been kind to me, more than anyone I have ever met.

Qu Wei Yin looked at Luo Jin Xiao's face so close to her, her lips trembled slightly. The firelight reflected in her eyes, and her warm breath sprayed across her forehead, sending a tingling sensation through her heart.