Chapter 36: Beauty

"This is good," Luo Jinxiu murmured, holding the poor creature tightly as they jumped down. Her azure skirt billowed behind her, drowning out the ecstatic cheers and applause, and was soon swallowed by the darkness ahead.

The darkness didn't last long as the surrounding air seemed to solidify into a tangible mass, forming a huge net to catch the descending individuals before easing their descent.

Luo Jinxiu landed smoothly. She was the last to arrive. The others had already left. There was an envelope on the ground, and she picked it up. The poor creature jumped out of her arms.

"Sweetie, don't run around. It's dangerous here," Luo Jinxiu grabbed its tail, but the poor creature turned around and let out a roar.

Terrified, she pulled back her hand and opened the envelope to find a passage: "Birth leads to life, and death leads to death. For every three, there are ten. Life and death are different levels of existence, each with its own events."

Luo Jinxiu showed it to the poor creature, but there was nothing else inside. She wondered if this was some kind of test to distinguish the good from the bad.

Suddenly, four stone doors rose from the ground, each emitting a bright white light that made it difficult to see.

Luo Jinxiu picked up the poor creature and stepped through one of the doors without hesitation. The world spun around and a wave of dizziness washed over her. When she opened her eyes again, she found herself in a vast stone forest, with towering, giant-like columns looming in the distance.

"This is a formation," Luo Jinxiu said after a quick glance, patting the poor creature's head. "It seems that the first test is the Life and Death Formation. If we pass, we live; if we fail, we die. It seems that this Ten Directions Assembly is quite a challenge.

The poor creature continued to growl, but fortunately it didn't try to bite.

"Fortunately, I'm well-versed in the Life and Death Formation, so we'll overcome this first challenge. If you don't like being held, you can go into the bag, because it's dangerous out here," Luo Jinxiu said gently, kneeling down and looking at the poor creature.

Ignoring her, the poor creature flicked its tail and walked into the formation.

"After being fed by Junior Master Qu for a few days, its temperament is becoming more like his," Luo Jinxiu sighed and ran a few steps ahead of the poor creature to enter the stone formation.

As she entered, the previously motionless stone forest seemed to activate, and the stone pillars began to sway, creating a confusing spectacle with a cloud of dust, causing many to shed tears.

Luo Jinxiu didn't move in a hurry. She closed her eyes and listened carefully to the sound of the pillars scraping the ground. After a while, she stretched out her hand, allowing a trace of spiritual energy to easily penetrate the stone pillar.

"This side is Xuanwu," Luo Jinxiu said to herself as she shattered the pillars in front of her with her palm, revealing a long and narrow crack.

"Honey, come with me," Luo Jinxiu said as she stepped into the gap, stopping only when the path in front of her was blocked again.

She continued to manipulate the spiritual energy, sometimes bypassing the pillars, sometimes making them disappear upon contact.

"Tiger," she said, smashing the pillars on the left and opening another gap. She repeated this process several times, almost effortlessly following a specific path without having to use much spiritual power.

In the time it took for an incense stick to burn, she had reached the center of the formation, where the largest pillar, about the thickness of an adult's outstretched arms, served as the matrix. Breaking that pillar would shatter the entire formation.