Chapter 53: She Is in Danger

Luo Jinxiao felt even more embarrassed. She wanted to explain, but it only seemed to raise more suspicions.

“Of course, healing is tiring. Anyway, I can’t explain it to you; you keep being lazy. I'm going to help out,” Luo Jinxiao muttered, then abruptly transformed into a beam of light.

“Hey!” Lu Fanzhi took a few steps forward, but by then, there was no one before her.

Luo Jinxiao followed the No Regrets Sect's seniors to exterminate demons. While she struck down one demon after another, her thoughts wandered elsewhere, often bringing Qu Weiyin's face to the forefront of her mind.

After pushing Qu Weiyin’s visage aside for what felt like the umpteenth time, one of the seniors smacked her shoulder and said, “What are you daydreaming about, junior sister? We’re done here.”

Luo Jinxiao looked up at the sky and suddenly realized that, in her daze, the sun had begun to set, casting a soft crimson veil across the horizon, beautiful and serene.

“Oh! Thank you, senior brother,” Luo Jinxiao said politely, smiling as she sheathed her divine sword.

The senior beside her seemed very interested in her sword, staring at it for quite a while before asking, “This sword of yours is quite unusual; I’ve never seen one like it before. Does it have a name?”

Luo Jinxiao glanced down at the exquisite, translucent sword in her hand and shook her head. “No, I didn’t know its name when I received it.”

“How strange! Generally, ancient swords have names. I am a big fan of weaponry research, and this sword’s quality and power clearly indicate it’s a splendid ancient weapon. It’s a shame for it not to have a name.”

Luo Jinxiao weighed the sword in her hand, feeling that the senior's observation was quite valid, and she mentally noted it down.

By the time Luo Jinxiao returned to the inn, the sky had completely darkened, but Qu Weiyin still hadn’t returned. Her room lay in darkness, showing no signs of having been disturbed.

With a sigh, Luo Jinxiao chose not to have dinner and instead went to her room to lie down, pondering what name to give her divine sword but remaining unsatisfied with any of her ideas.

Outside, she heard voices, which seemed to belong to Tang Lan'er and a middle-aged man. They argued their way down the staircase, and from Tang Lan'er's tone, it was clear she still refused to go back to their sect with her father.

Once the outside quieted down again, Luo Jinxiao continued her thoughts. The well-fed Qiongqi crawled out of her pouch, joining her as they lay side by side on the bed, resting its head on her chest, rising and falling with her breath.

Time passed, and Luo Jinxiao was on the verge of dozing off when the Qiongqi suddenly lifted its head, curiously peering out the window.

“Is Master Uncle back?” Luo Jinxiao’s mind instantly cleared. She opened her eyes and, along with the Qiongqi, leaned forward to look.

The Qiongqi let out a soft “Aowu,” affirming that it was indeed so.

Luo Jinxiao sprang from the bed, kneeling by the door and listening intently through the crack. However, after a while, the outside remained eerily silent, with not a single sound; Qu Weiyin had not come upstairs.

Luo Jinxiao felt something was off. After waiting for a while longer and still seeing no sign of Qu Weiyin, her patience waned. She turned around and, with a surge of spiritual energy, transformed into a beam of silver light. When she opened her eyes again, she found herself in front of the inn’s sign, the night breeze chilly against her skin.