Chapter 35: Important Person

Luo Jinxiu didn't understand what was happening when she saw Qu Weiying coughing miserably. She rushed forward to pat her back, but was blocked by Qu Weiying's hand.

"What did you say?" Qu Weiying covered her face, leaving only her eyes visible as she coughed up water droplets.

Luo Jinxiu was at a loss for words. She awkwardly gestured towards the side room and said, "They're too loud. I can't sleep."

She held the bedclothes, her eyes full of sincerity.

Qu Weiying realized for a moment that she had misunderstood and felt increasingly embarrassed. She did not feel like refusing at the moment, so she let go of her hand, feigned indifference, and picked up the book that had been thrown aside, nodding in response.

Luo Jinxiu didn't expect Qu Weiying to agree so quickly. Overjoyed, she rushed into the room, spread out the bedding, and lay down in one fluid motion.

"The junior master's room is indeed much larger, and the furnishings are exquisite, unlike ours. It's been a long time since I slept with someone in the same bed. I'm really not used to it," Luo Jinxiu rearranged the bedding and tucked it tightly around her stomach.

"I don't remember the Luo family treating you well," Qu Weiying casually turned a page in the book, seemingly disinterested.

Luo Jinxiu's hands that were tidying her clothes paused for a moment, then she continued with a nervous laugh, "Even if they don't treat me well, I still have a bed."

Qu Weiying did not react. Luo Jinxiu glanced at her, and when he saw that she didn't pursue the matter further, he breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that Qu Weiying didn't ask any more questions; otherwise, he wouldn't have known how to dodge the issue.

Both of them fell silent, the light of the oil lamp flickering on and off, only the rustling of the pages breaking the silence. It lulled them to sleep, and soon, Luo Jinxiu's consciousness became hazy.

The room was filled with a faint floral fragrance that was strangely soothing.

After a while, Qu Weiying finally finished the book. When she looked up, Luo Jinxiu was already asleep, and the blanket that had been covering her had been thrown aside.

Qu Weiying put down the book, and with a slight movement of her finger, the blanket automatically covered Luo Jinxiu.

Luo Jinxiu was a very restless sleeper. In no time, she had kicked off the blanket again. Qu Weiying sighed heavily and used spiritual energy to cover her once again.

Once again, Luo Jinxiu kicked off the blanket.

Unable to stand it any longer, Qu Weiying raised her wrist and the blanket instantly stretched, wrapping Luo Jinxiu in a round bundle. Finally, all was quiet.

Qu Weiying approached Luo Jinxiu, hesitated for a while, and then turned around. The hem of her crimson dress swayed gracefully around her ankles, forming a semicircle on the ground and emitting a soft golden glow. She lay down on it, feeling as comfortable as if she were on a soft bed, but suspended in mid-air.

She turned her head and looked at Luo Jinxiu's sleeping face. Luo Jinxiu was deep in slumber, her eyes closed, with long eyelashes, soft skin, and luscious rosy lips. Even though her eyes were closed, she still looked beautiful.

Qu Weiying couldn't help but wonder what this child would look like when she grew up to be a woman. Unintentionally, she began to feel grateful that she was alive this time, despite what had happened.

Qu Weiying closed her eyes and fell asleep. The lamp was extinguished, and a puff of smoke wafted into the air.

Luo Jinxiu slept soundly through the night, although her breathing seemed to be slightly restricted. When she awoke the next morning, the faint light of dawn shone through the window, rousing her from her slumber.