Chapter 41: The Discouraged Junior Martial Uncle

She continued to manipulate her spiritual energy with the momentum of the lightning, and the Crescent Moon and Stars Sword hummed as it slashed horizontally at Qu Chengzhou. Qu Chengzhou hastily jumped back and narrowly avoided the blow.

"Wei Yin, do you really want to fight me?" Qu Chengzhou steadied his sword and gritted his teeth.

"You're joking, Elder Qu. This is the correct procedure. My father is the true head of the family. If you want to take his place, you must defeat me first," Qu Wei Yin retrieved her sword and, her foot skimming the ground, she charged forward like a fiery dragon, aiming for Qu Chengzhou's face.

Qu Chengzhou conjured a barrier with his left hand and quickly launched an attack with the blade formed by the swirling spiritual energy. The storm of blades surrounded Qu Wei Yin, who then jumped up, her dress and sleeves billowing like a blooming flower, narrowly dodging the blades without leaving a trace.

"He's dead!" Qu Chengzhou glared.

"Do you know how he died?" Qu Wei Yin was burning with rage, her flames threatening to consume the earth itself. "How dare you mention him? Aren't you afraid of divine retribution?"

Qu Chengzhou's eyes darkened and his forehead furrowed. His gaze was now like that of a sinister bird feasting on carrion.

"What are you talking about? I don't know," he replied, his face returning to its usual calm.

Qu Wei Yin was filled with disgust and refused to joke with him, continuing her relentless attack. The courtyard was now in disarray, with several planters shattered and only a pile of dry branches left after Qu Wei Yin's fiery wrath. Despite Qu Chengzhou's advanced age and their close match in spiritual strength, a stalemate ensued. However, Qu Wei Yin's heart was fueled by resentment, and she viciously attacked, her unyielding intention causing Qu Chengzhou to show signs of retreating, weakened by his dwindling stamina.

Seeing the situation, Qu Chengzhou suddenly whistled, and a massive golden eagle swooped down from the sky. Its feathers glittered like gold, and its crimson beak resembled a bow, casting a shadow over the already dusky ground, plunging the entire courtyard into darkness.

Seeing this, Luo Jin Xiao couldn't help but rise to her feet. The onlookers gasped in horror and retreated further. Qu Chengzhou's Golden Eagle was an extraordinary spiritual beast. With a single flap of its wings, it could create a tempest, and its sharp beak could effortlessly crush rocks.

As it skimmed the ground, the colossal and formidable bird's claws dug two deep furrows into the ground, and with its beak gaping open, it lunged at Qu Wei Yin.

Sensing the danger, Qu Wei Yin twisted out of the way just in time. Although she unleashed a fierce palm strike, the bird's feathers, hard as armor, deflected her attack.

"Hey, Elder Qu, isn't this just bullying?" Luo Jin Xiao shouted from the side. She had already crossed swords with him, so she was fearless.

"It's just a spiritual animal, it's not bullying," Qu Chengzhou casually replied with his hands behind his back.

How shameless, Luo Jin Xiao thought angrily to herself. Looking up, she saw that the golden eagle had greatly disturbed Qu Wei Yin. It was both massive and impenetrable, while maintaining its agility. Several times, it almost injured Qu Wei Yin.

In her fear, Luo Jin Xiao considered jumping in to help, but she was afraid that she would only make things worse. Nervously, she clenched her robe.

Suddenly, the golden eagle flicked its tail and grazed Qu Wei Yin's shoulder, causing blood to gush out. Qu Wei Yin quickly swung her sword and soared into the sky with the eagle to escape the attacks.